+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The type of diploma eligible for PEQ?

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Hello everyone,

I would like to study in Canada and move in Quebec after my graduation. However I have a question. Since the program I would like to study in Quebec gives a graduate diploma (It requires 4 years of Bachelor's but I don't think it is considered Master's) The program is called
"Diploma in Management: General" which is one year duration at McGill's Continuing Studies.

Am I correct that I ,thus, won't be eligible for PEQ since the diploma I will get in the future does not fall into these categories

a Master's degree (and an MBA);
a doctorate;
a Diplôme d'études collégiales techniques (DEC – diploma of college studies, technical training);
a Diplôme d'études professionnelles (DEP – diploma of vocational studies) lasting 1,800 hours of study;
a diplôme d'études professionnelles (DEP – diploma of vocational studies) followed by an ASP attesting a minimum of 1,800 hours of formation.

[Source from Quebec Immigration site]

Does it also mean it will be quite harder to find a job in Quebec later since I will not suddenly the the CSQ?

Merci beaucoup

Gererdo

Sep 12, 2014
I am exactly in the same situation, what happend at the end does the McGill Diploma worked forthe PEQ program?