+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

the stamp made by the Canadian authorities on your most recent entry into Canada

pepino99

May 17, 2019
The thing is that they never stamped my passport the last time I entered canada which was the last 3 of march, they ask me for my passport stamp photo of my las entry to canada in the Inland sponsorship + OWP that im going to send. what can I answer do send a letter explaining that they never stamped it and prove that I have my airline tickets

pepino99

May 17, 2019
That is mostly what you need to do. They understand that visa officers do not always stamp. It is okay.
Thanks a lot for your answer, can you help with this one if you can also I would really appreciate it: Hi how are you, For my permanent residence they ask for a birth certificate copy. Im from Argentina so I have to trasnlate the copy, the problem is that in argentina they never give you the original birth certificate, they are written in giant books and they give you ONLY CERTIFIED COPIES OF THE BIRTH CERTIFICATES BUT CERTIFIED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF ARGENTINA , I have two copies of those, do they have any value or do they have to be noratized by a notary from argentina... Or from canada for that matter, Thanks a lot for your anwer.

I forgot to tell that Im doing the inland spouse class permanent residence plus the OWP, my wife is a canadian by birth,

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks a lot for your answer, can you help with this one if you can also I would really appreciate it: Hi how are you, For my permanent residence they ask for a birth certificate copy. Im from Argentina so I have to trasnlate the copy, the problem is that in argentina they never give you the original birth certificate, they are written in giant books and they give you ONLY CERTIFIED COPIES OF THE BIRTH CERTIFICATES BUT CERTIFIED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF ARGENTINA , I have two copies of those, do they have any value or do they have to be noratized by a notary from argentina... Or from canada for that matter, Thanks a lot for your anwer.

I forgot to tell that Im doing the inland spouse class permanent residence plus the OWP, my wife is a canadian by birth,
Your birth certificates will be fine. Canadian birth certificates are the same way (though I don't know about 'giant books') but they state that they are certified copies of original information. Your Argentinian certificates will be fine.

What Canada does not want you to do is submit uncertified photocopies of those certified documents. Your translator will likely make a copy of it to translate - that translation will need to be certified, though if you are in Canada, a licensed Canadian translator can do everything that is needed.

Reactions: pepino99

pepino99

May 17, 2019
Your birth certificates will be fine. Canadian birth certificates are the same way (though I don't know about 'giant books') but they state that they are certified copies of original information. Your Argentinian certificates will be fine.

What Canada does not want you to do is submit uncertified photocopies of those certified documents. Your translator will likely make a copy of it to translate - that translation will need to be certified, though if you are in Canada, a licensed Canadian translator can do everything that is needed.
Man you are a lifesaver, I already have one tranlsated because I needed that for my marriage certificate (I married in quebec), So What do I need, my certified copy and the translated copy or do I need more documents because it was in spanish.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Man you are a lifesaver, I already have one tranlsated because I needed that for my marriage certificate (I married in quebec), So What do I need, my certified copy and the translated copy or do I need more documents because it was in spanish.
If you only have one more original copy, you can ask a notary to make copies for you and notarize them. However, that will not work for applications that require originals.

Read the document checklist to see precisely what you have to submit - if it asks for an original you submit the one that is original from Argentina in Spanish and the translated copies with certifications from the translator.

pepino99

May 17, 2019
If you only have one more original copy, you can ask a notary to make copies for you and notarize them. However, that will not work for applications that require originals.

Read the document checklist to see precisely what you have to submit - if it asks for an original you submit the one that is original from Argentina in Spanish and the translated copies with certifications from the translator.
yes I only have two original certified copies, and Im aplying for the open work permit for spouses and the inland spouse sponsorship. So I need original certified copy, photocopie certified by the translator of the original certified copy AND Trasnlation certified by the translator...

pepino99

May 17, 2019
If the document checklist requires an original, yes.
Man thanks a lot for your answers, just the last question and I wont bother you again, thanks again for your support, this is what my two checklists say:
Important Reminders:
· You must provide certified translations in either English or French for all documents that are not already in English

PHOTOCOPIES of passport pages clearly showing each of the following:
• the passport number;
• the dates of issue and expiry;
• your name and date of birth;
• the stamp made by the Canadian authorities on your most recent entry into Canada; and
• any other marked page.
PHOTOCOPIES of your travel or identity document (citizenship certificates, birth certificate, alien registration cards, etc.) if you did not use a passport to enter Canada (So I guess I dont need for the OWP a birth certificate)
PHOTOCOPY of your current immigration document (if you have one)
PHOTOCOPY of your Marriage License or Certificate (if applicable)

and for the residenship it says:
IDENTITY DOCUMENTS, TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS
You (the principal applicant) must provide the following (photocopies only , says fotocopies only) for yourself and your family members:
Most recently issued passport or travel document for you and all family members (who will accompany you to Canada)
• Include only copies of pages showing the passport or travel document number, date of issue and expiration, photo, name, surname, date
and place of birth of holder.
• If you are in Canada and/or have previously travelled to Canada, you must also include pages of any passport in your possession which
bear an entry stamp made by a Canadian authority.

Birth certificates or baptismal certificates for yourself (and all your dependents, if applicable – whether they are
accompanying you to Canada or not).

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
From what you've pasted, it does not appear that you need the birth certificate for the OWP.

I'm not sure if the PR requires a photocopy of the birth certificate or an original - if birth certificate is in the list of documents where "photocopies only" are listed, then you need only the certified copy and translated copy from the notary. However, if it is not in the list of "photocopy only" documents, you will submit the original, the certified copy, and the translation.

pepino99

May 17, 2019
From what you've pasted, it does not appear that you need the birth certificate for the OWP.

I'm not sure if the PR requires a photocopy of the birth certificate or an original - if birth certificate is in the list of documents where "photocopies only" are listed, then you need only the certified copy and translated copy from the notary. However, if it is not in the list of "photocopy only" documents, you will submit the original, the certified copy, and the translation.

Ok just in case I will use one of my certified copies, I can still make a lot of certified copies so I wont lose a lot, the only problem is the money that I pay to send them to canada. Yes it says in the open work permit that :pHOTOCOPIES of your travel or identity document (citizenship certificates, birth certificate, alien registration cards, etc.) if you did not use a passport to enter Canada , because I do have a valid passport I guess I dont need a birth certificate for the OWP. In regards to adding pages to explain things like for example that they never stamped my passport, it should be wirtten in the PC and pasted there with a new page or it should be written by hand.

Thanks a lot again for your help.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Ok just in case I will use one of my certified copies, I can still make a lot of certified copies so I wont lose a lot, the only problem is the money that I pay to send them to canada. Yes it says in the open work permit that :pHOTOCOPIES of your travel or identity document (citizenship certificates, birth certificate, alien registration cards, etc.) if you did not use a passport to enter Canada , because I do have a valid passport I guess I dont need a birth certificate for the OWP. In regards to adding pages to explain things like for example that they never stamped my passport, it should be wirtten in the PC and pasted there with a new page or it should be written by hand.

Thanks a lot again for your help.
Write the letter of explanation on your computer. It's cleaner and easier.