+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

MisterT

Sep 1, 2010
I'm currently in China and need to pay for the The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).
Is there any way to pay for this over here rather than having a family member in Canada do it for me.
Is it possible for a Chinese friend over here to pay for it for us?Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Rene_8000

Apr 2, 2010
Davao City Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 24, 2010
AOR Received.
July 14, 2010 2nd aor and received by vo ecas status
IELTS Request
done in CIO application
File Transfer...
July 5, 2010
Med's Request
Sept. 20, 2010
Med's Done....
Sept. 24, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
November 24, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sept. 24, 2010 as stated on the PPR/ may 31, 2011
LANDED..........
June 19, 2011
MisterT said:
I'm currently in China and need to pay for the The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).
Is there any way to pay for this over here rather than having a family member in Canada do it for me.
Is it possible for a Chinese friend over here to pay for it for us?Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
Hi! maybe you can go to a bank there in China where you can get as manager's check in canadian dollar currency. If you can have one then mail it to
your visa office. I got mine thru my sister who is in canada already. she sent me the bank draft in canadian currency paid to Canadian Embassy, Manila

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to the Canadian Consulate website in Beijing, the RPRF and other fees related to the sponsorship and application of a Family Class immigration visa must be paid in Canada or Online. The Beijing Office cannot accept payment of processing fees or the right of permanent residence fees.

Use this link to pay online:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/Welcome.do?&lang=en

I've seen from this forum that the applicant used his father's credit card for payment, so asking a friend to use his/her credit card for paying it for you should be fine.

If your visa office is in Hong Kong, you can pay in bank draft in Hong Kong dollars or CAD (PRC branches from Bank of China would not be accepted). For details, see this link:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/hong_kong/assets/pdfs/FEESCHEDULE.pdf

MisterT

Sep 1, 2010
This is great news Steaky,Thanks!
Yes I deal with the HK Office.If I can go to the Canadian Consulate in HK and just pay it there it would make things much easier than having to wait for someone else do something for me.When i was in the office the guy I was talking to me said we should pay for it online but doing it in person would be much better for us,Thanks I didnt know you could pay for it in person.

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
Check out this thread for any more questions or comments on RPRF (right of permanent residence fee). I'm trying to consolidate the information on this topic to better help people. I have nothing else to do while I wait for my PPR.
:p
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t48369.0.html;msg420272#msg420272