+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

THE LAST STEP BUT THE MOST HARD: ISLAMABAD PAKISTAN-AFGHANISTAN (help)

jak123

Oct 18, 2010
HI EVERY ONE,

I AM SPONSORING MY WIFE AND SHE LIVES NOW IN AFGHANISTAN. RECENTLY SHE RECEIVES AN EMAIL, SAYING IN GENERAL THAT, SHE HAS TO POST HER PASSPORT FOR VISA ISSUANCE. IT IS HARD BECAUSE SHE HAS TO GO IN PAKISTAN TO POST HER PASSPORT AND WITH ALL THIS WAR IT NOT VERY SECURE. THIS IS THE EMAIL.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your immigrant visa(s) appear(s) ready for issuance.

You should not commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets, or take any irrevocable action such as selling property, or resign employment until you have received your passports and immigrant visas.

Before we can issue your visa(s) you must:

PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR YOU, YOUR SPOUSE, AND CHILDREN:
(Please continue on a separate sheet if you have additional children)

Applicant Spouse Dep1 Dep2 Dep3 Dep4 Dep5
Family
Name
Given
Name
Date of Birth
Passport
Number
Date of
Expiry
Height
(inches /cm)
Eye
Colour

Contact Telephone Number(s):

CHECK THAT YOU HAVE ENCLOSED YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORTS FOR EVERYONE IN YOUR FAMILY WHO IS ACCOMPANYING YOU TO CANADA. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR SPOUSE AND EACH ACCOMPANYING CHILD MUST HAVE THEIR OWN INDIVIDUAL PASSPORT. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PASSPORT MAY REQUIRE YOUR SIGNATURE OR THUMB IMPRESSION IN ORDER TO BE VALID.

CHECK THAT YOU AND YOUR DEPENDENTS HAVE SUFFICIENT PAGES IN YOUR PASSPORTS SO THAT WE MAY INSERT YOUR IMMIGRANT VISAS

4. Medical Validity Date: XX-XX-XXXX

CHECK THAT EVERYONE IN YOUR FAMILY HAS A PASSPORT VALID FOR A MINIMUM OF 12 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF YOUR IMMIGRATION MEDICAL.

Visas can only be issued to a maximum validity of 12 months from the date of the medical examination. (If your family had medical examinations on different dates, the visas will all be valid for 12 months from the date of the first medical examination). However, if any passports expire before 12 months from the date of the medical examination your visas will expire on the date that the first passport expires. If your passports are due to expire, it is in your interest to send us NEW OR UPDATED PASSPORTS to ensure that your visas can be issued with maximum validity.

CHECK THAT YOU HAVE ENCLOSED TWO ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHS TAKEN WITHIN THE LAST 6 MONTHS FOR EVERYONE IN YOUR FAMILY AND THAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN THE NAME OF EACH FAMILY MEMBER ON THE BACK OF ONLY ONE OF THEIR PHOTOGRAPHS

These photographs must not be stapled, glued, or pinned (you may use paperclips or enclose them in an envelope). The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. See attached Appendix C.

6. HOW TO SEND YOUR PASSPORTS

BY COURIER (FEDEX OR TCS): YOU MUST ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE PREPAID THE COURIER FOR THE RETURN OF YOUR DOCUMENTS. HAVE THE COURIER SEND YOUR DOCUMENTS TO:

CANADIAN HIGH COMMISSION
IMMIGRATION SECTION
Sector G-5, Diplomatic Enclave
Islamabad, Pakistan

NOTE: our office CANNOT send passports overseas. You must provide an address in Pakistan to where a courier company can deliver your passports.

Return of passport(s) and other related documents:

To ensure the efficient return of your passport(s), please read the following instructions:

Applicants residing in Afghanistan or outside Pakistan:

1. Applicants residing in Afghanistan and outside Pakistan must supply a mailing address in Pakistan OR must authorize someone to collect their passport(s) on their behalf. If not, the passport(s) will not be delivered. Do not send passport(s) through international courier if you are not currently residing in Pakistan.

2. Applicants are requested to provide details of the person collecting/receiving the passport(s) and other documents such as their name, contact numbers and complete mailing address in Pakistan.

Applicants residing in Pakistan, Afghanistan and outside Pakistan:

3. This office cannot send passports to a G.P.O, Post Box, or Village Address. In such cases, the package will be marked HFC (Hold for Collection) and you will have to collect it from the courier office. The courier office will contact you at the telephone number you have provided in this form.

4. This office does not send passports by registered or ordinary mail.

5. This office cannot send passports to addresses outside of Pakistan. If you are using the services of a representative, consultant, or lawyer, with a mailing address outside of Pakistan they must indicate that they have NO OBJECTION to this office returning your passport(s) to an address in Pakistan.

By forwarding this document to you, your representative/consultant/lawyer has authorized this office to return your passport(s) and other related documents to the address in Pakistan indicated below.

I authorize the following person to collect my passport(s) and other related documents from the courier company:

Name: ___________________________ Signature ________________________

6. All applicants must provide their current mailing address (in Pakistan):

Signature____________________

THERE IS SOME THINGS IN THIS EMAIL THAT I DONT UNDERSTAND VERY WELL.

-THE FIRST THING IS, THEY WANT HER PASSPORT SEND BY FEDEX OR TCS AND IT HAS TO BY PREPAID. WHAT DOEST THE PREPAID MEAN? SHE HAS TO PUT A PREPAID ENVELOPE IN THE SAME PAKAGE WITH HER PASSPORT?
IT IS POSSIBLE TO POST FROM PESHAWAR PAKISTAN? THE TCS OR FEDEX COURRIER COMPANY HAVE PREPAID ENVELOP IN PESHAWAR?

-THE SECOND THING IS, THEY ARE SAYING THAT THEY WILL NOT SEND BACK HER PASSPORT BY REGISTERED MAIL? THIS MEAN THAT THE PREPAID ENVELOP MUST NOT BE REGISTERED?

THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONS AND I HOPE THIS WILL HELP OTHER WITH THE SAME PROBLEM

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
They are saying that they will not sent back the passport back in Afghanistan. She has to provide a valid Pakistani Address to Canadian Embassy so they can sent her passport over there. Or She has to authorize someone in Pakistan to receive the passport on her behalf.

jak123

Oct 18, 2010
THANK YOU adzees FOR THE RESPONS
I HAVE A FREIND ADRESS IN PAKISTAN, BUT MY WORRY IS ABOUT THE TCS POST.

-THE FIRST THING IS, THEY WANT HER PASSPORT SEND BY FEDEX OR TCS AND IT HAS TO BY PREPAID. WHAT DOEST THE PREPAID MEAN? SHE HAS TO PUT A PREPAID ENVELOPE IN THE SAME PAKAGE WITH HER PASSPORT?
IT IS POSSIBLE TO POST FROM PESHAWAR PAKISTAN? THE TCS OR FEDEX COURRIER COMPANY HAVE PREPAID ENVELOP IN PESHAWAR?
-THE SECOND THING IS, THEY ARE SAYING THAT THEY WILL NOT SEND BACK HER PASSPORT BY REGISTERED MAIL? THIS MEAN THAT THE PREPAID ENVELOP MUST NOT BE RIGESTERED?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
I guess you have to contact fedex or tcs un pakistan. I remember in karachi, fedex charge you for the return of documents as well when you sent your documents through fedex.

Sometimes islamabad also sent the passport back to the address provided on cash on delivery. I had to pay tcs one time on delivery.

Your best bet is that you can contact islamabad or ask some one in pakistan to get the information from tcs or fedex. They do know about the process.

jak123

Oct 18, 2010
Thank you very much adzees for the respons it was helpul.
But I really hope that someone who did the process in peshawar or islamabad recently can answers me.

msarham

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
Hello ,

Can you please let us know how did you send your passport?

jak123

Oct 18, 2010
For those who need to know how I send the passport this is the answer. My wife have been in Peshawar Pakistan and she posted the passport with TCS and ask them to put a prepaid envelop with it. The passport returns back to Peshawar with visa stamp 35 days later.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE OF AFGHANS (Afghanistan), make sure that in the passport, the family name is the family name of the person not is father first name, because there is a wide practice in Afghanistan where they write the first name of the farther instead of the family name of the person passport. If it is the case Please change the name or there will be a lot of problem in Canada. If this is your case, they will stamps the visa but remember went the person will be in Canada there will be a lot of problems with the name.

msarham

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
Hello Jak,

Did you use simple tcs service or tcs visa service?

skandar

Oct 5, 2012
Dear Jak123, I have the same case but I don't know what to do I don't have any one in Pakistan I am currently living in Afghanistan so can you please quide me what to do, shall i go to Pakistan, as you know that I need to have Visa of Pakistan

Actually I don't know what to do,

thank you waiting for your reply

Reactions: dominicleung