+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The CV while we apply for citizenship is checked with time we were in pool?

barxodanjiana

Dec 2, 2019
My girlfriend next year can apply for citizenship. she has a PhD but when she was in express entry pool, she did not mention it, since her work experiences were at the same time when she was a PhD student.

The question is now she wants to mention her PhD in her CV since she wants to apply for a job in Canada, The CIC can check this and whether this might cause an issue for her citizenship? As she did not mention it before.

Thanks

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
My girlfriend next year can apply for citizenship. she has a PhD but when she was in express entry pool, she did not mention it, since her work experiences were at the same time when she was a PhD student.

The question is now she wants to mention her PhD in her CV since she wants to apply for a job in Canada, The CIC can check this and whether this might cause an issue for her citizenship? As she did not mention it before.

Thanks
They dont even ask about your education in citizenship app

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
They dont even ask about your education in citizenship app
@barxodanjiana
not education directly, but they do ask you to list what you were doing in Canada in the four years preceding your application including whether you were a student (part time or full time) or employed etc.
Will not cause an issue as long as her status has not expired.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks
Assuming she completed the PhD and work experience outside of Canada, lying was stupid. Work experience while studying is only discounted if done while in Canada on a study permit.