+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

ta123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
Hey, I'm also from Iran and have a PhD, been waiting for my BG since last October. I have no idea what their selection criteria is for security check. My work made me apply for a US visa (which I was obviously refused) and I thought that might be the reason, then I saw people with green card application getting their citizenship in 4 months. I know an Iranian phd guy who works in nuclear and got his citizenship in 3 months.
Soooo basically it seems like my theory is wrong! I am no longer doing any nuclear physics research. I have no clue how they decide this kind of thing. It is so annoying!

tired_man

Nov 7, 2023
lol. It's funny. I'm an Iranian with a PhD working as a researcher. I've been a member of the waiting club since July 2022. Recently, I contacted a lawyer and he started the writ of mandamus process.
sounds like my nationality and my research filed put me in this situation. Let see what gonna happen and I'll keep you all posted.

• Sad
Reactions: ta123

ta123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
lol. It's funny. I'm an Iranian with a PhD working as a researcher. I've been a member of the waiting club since July 2022. Recently, I contacted a lawyer and he started the writ of mandamus process.
sounds like my nationality and my research filed put me in this situation. Let see what gonna happen and I'll keep you all posted.
Ugh this is so unacceptable. So it seems like having a PhD and being from Iran is definitely a factor to increase the likelihood of being sucked into a blackhole of the citizenship process.
It kind of feels racist if you ask me. But unfortunately it is nothing new for us ...

tired_man

Nov 7, 2023
Ugh this is so unacceptable. So it seems like having a PhD and being from Iran is definitely a factor to increase the likelihood of being sucked into a blackhole of the citizenship process.
It kind of feels racist if you ask me. But unfortunately it is nothing new for us ...
It's unfortunate :|

Adeel.zafar

Jan 31, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Dubai
NOC Code......
I applied for Visitor visa since September 1 , 2023 its under process my eligibility and biometric got completed only background verification is underprocess.
I raise 3 -4 webform but there is no such update..please advise shall I withdraw my application?

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
I applied for Visitor visa since September 1 , 2023 its under process my eligibility and biometric got completed only background verification is underprocess.
I raise 3 -4 webform but there is no such update..please advise shall I withdraw my application?
This part of the forum is for citizenship applications, not visitor visa....

ta123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
I received the GCMS notes that I ordered. So basically nothing changed except they updated the deadlines that were in the document!! hahahahaha What is the point of having deadlines if they mean nothing?
Oh and my secondary office is still CPC-Sydney. Nothing has changed at all.

• Haha
Reactions: GFLiam