+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Terms/Conditions written on Study permit (issued at the port of entry)

xander_jon79

Aug 9, 2010
Hi Guys,

Like you, I was also approved for a study permit. I have not left my home country yet for Canada. For those who are already in Canada, my questions are:

1. Are there terms and conditions posted on your study permit?
2. If yes, what conditions are they (name of institution required to attend? not allowed to work? program of study restricted?)
3. Will you be applying to change the conditions on your study permit?
4. Did your letter of introduction state that there would be conditions set on your study permit when you arrive at the border?

Thanks. Any response would be appreciated.

lovepreet

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Mars
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xander_jon79 said:
Hi Guys,

Like you, I was also approved for a study permit. I have not left my home country yet for Canada. For those who are already in Canada, my questions are:

1. Are there terms and conditions posted on your study permit?
2. If yes, what conditions are they (name of institution required to attend? not allowed to work? program of study restricted?)
3. Will you be applying to change the conditions on your study permit?
4. Did your letter of introduction state that there would be conditions set on your study permit when you arrive at the border?

Thanks. Any response would be appreciated.
Hey Xander

Buddy check/read your study permit and the letter u got along with it. Conditions,if there any would be mentioned in it.

May I know where u from and which college u going to ? If from India,I dnt think there will be any conditions.

READ YOUR LETTER AND VISA - IF NO CONDITIONS MENTIONED YOU NEED NOT TO WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING (ABOVE MENTIONED QUES)

All the best

xander_jon79

Aug 9, 2010
Hi lovepreet,

I am from the Philippines.

I think the Canadian embassy over here processes applications differently.

See, over here, an approved applicant receives the following from the embassy:
a. Letter of introduction
b. a temporary resident visa (trv)

These two items, along with the other documents, are to be presented at the port of entry.
After the officer reviews the documents (he may or may not check), he then hands the ACTUAL
study permit.

Are you saying that you received your actual study permit while in India?

The reason I asked my previous questions was because my letter of introduction stated
that there may be conditions that the port of entry officer will impose on my study
permit. However, these were not specified. I wonder if the letter of introduction you
received indicated the same thing.

I hope my explanation makes my situation clear. Thanks.