+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Work Permit / Permanent Residency Applications Under AIP

ilktuc

Feb 25, 2024
We applied for a Temporary Work Permit on February 6 and Permanent Residency on February 15 under the Atlantic Immigration Program from Ankara, Turkey, with my family. However, the processing time for Temporary Work Permit visa applications appears to be 61 weeks. Since we all have a valid US visa, we mentioned that we request CAN+ service in our application.

The processing time for our Permanent Resident applications appears to be 6 months. The main purpose of the temporary work permit application is to enable people endorsed by the Province to start working without waiting until their permanent residency applications are finalized. However, what kind of scenario might await us in this case?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We applied for a Temporary Work Permit on February 6 and Permanent Residency on February 15 under the Atlantic Immigration Program from Ankara, Turkey, with my family. However, the processing time for Temporary Work Permit visa applications appears to be 61 weeks. Since we all have a valid US visa, we mentioned that we request CAN+ service in our application.

The processing time for our Permanent Resident applications appears to be 6 months. The main purpose of the temporary work permit application is to enable people endorsed by the Province to start working without waiting until their permanent residency applications are finalized. However, what kind of scenario might await us in this case?
Ask under PNP. FYI - CAN+ is for TRVs not PR or work permits.

ilktuc

Feb 25, 2024
Thank you for your reply. I understand that TVRs include work permits as well.

A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), also referred to as a visitor visa, is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I understand that TVRs include work permits as well.

A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), also referred to as a visitor visa, is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker).
CAN+ doesn’t give expedited processing for work permits.