+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temporary resident visa

brightmind96

Mar 9, 2011
it's been one month since I applied to extend my visa to New York office. I emailed them asking about my application status, but nobody replies.... I need my visa to go back my country very soon!

anybody has any idea on how to know whether they receive my application and whether it has been processed? Thanks in advance

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brightmind96,

Sorry to hear about your situation...hope you hear from them soon! Try calling their phone. Or visit them if you can.

Do you mind sharing which visa you applied for? I am planning on applying for Study Permit at the New York office but I am afraid it will be hard to track the progress of the application (just like your case). I am actually considering applying to Washington instead as someone on this forum got their study permit in 1 week from Washington embassy.

Let me know if you can't find their number...I will look for it.

regards.

brightmind96

Mar 9, 2011
it's student visa, multiple entries. I already have my study permit and CAQ.

Btw, can we call to ask them about this? If so, do u know their phone number?

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you already have your study permit then what student visa are you applying for? Did you apply for TRV (visitor visa)? Share the details about your case. And did you not send in your application package with delivery confirmation?

Where in Quebec are you going and for which program? I am going to Concordia for Master of Software Engineering (Fall 2011).

I am not sure if they will give you information about your case on phone but here is their number: (212) 596-1783
I called them a few weeks back to ask if they will start accepting in-person applications and they told me to keep checking their website.

I think in your case, the best way to get information is to send them a fax at (212) 596-1725 or email them at NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

You can also try using this link to contact them: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

Do you have file number for your case? It will good to include that in your communication with them. And include as much information about your application as you can. Let me know if you get a reply from them. Good Luck!

brightmind96

Mar 9, 2011
Yes, I'm applying for TRV cause I have to leave Canada and come back. My old visa expired last year! I 've tried to email them with those two address, but no replies until now!!! I lost my tracking number so I don't know if they received it or not!!

I"m currently U1 science student at Mcgill, will be U2 next year .

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You mentioned it's been one month...but since you couldn't track the application package, I guess you are not really sure exactly when they got your application. Their regular processing time is 4 weeks and the website says they don't reply to emails before that. I know this doesn't help you but at least be comforted that it is still within their regular time frame.

I would say email them again or fax them stating that since you need to buy an international ticket you would like to know when to expect your passport. Tell them the ticket will get more and more expensive the longer you wait. Maybe they will be nice enough to reply.