+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA- URGENT

kunnuisgood

May 6, 2010
Hi.... I have got admitted into the MBA program in mcmaster university and am applying for a study permit from delhi, india.
I have already done my Bachelors from canada itself and worked there for almost 2 years on the work permit.
When I graduated from university ( bachelors), I got the work permit valid for 1 year and the temporary resident visa(worker) valid for 1 year from 15/6/2007 till 2/7/2008 but the post graduate work permit rule was then introduced and i then applied for an extension of my work permit and i got an open work permit valid until oct2010, ie they extended my work permit for 2 years more........ but i did not apply for an extension of the temporary resident visa( worker) at that time as I was in canada and i did not need a visa to stay in canada but when i wanted to come back to my country in july 2009 last year, I applied for an extension of the temporary resident visa which was refused by the detroit immigration office. So i do have the work permit valid until oct2010 this year but do not have the valid temporary resident visa and I am currently in india.
NOW MY question is that there are 2 questions in the form for study visa from outside canada that need an answer in yes or no
Should I answer yes to both or what should i do and what should i write in the details of the anwer given...... what kind of details
Questions are
1. Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave canada?
2. Have you been refused a visa to travel to canada ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kunnuisgood said:
Hi.... I have got admitted into the MBA program in mcmaster university and am applying for a study permit from delhi, india.
I have already done my Bachelors from canada itself and worked there for almost 2 years on the work permit.
When I graduated from university ( bachelors), I got the work permit valid for 1 year and the temporary resident visa(worker) valid for 1 year from 15/6/2007 till 2/7/2008 but the post graduate work permit rule was then introduced and i then applied for an extension of my work permit and i got an open work permit valid until oct2010, ie they extended my work permit for 2 years more........ but i did not apply for an extension of the temporary resident visa( worker) at that time as I was in canada and i did not need a visa to stay in canada but when i wanted to come back to my country in july 2009 last year, I applied for an extension of the temporary resident visa which was refused by the detroit immigration office. So i do have the work permit valid until oct2010 this year but do not have the valid temporary resident visa and I am currently in india.
NOW MY question is that there are 2 questions in the form for study visa from outside canada that need an answer in yes or no
Should I answer yes to both or what should i do and what should i write in the details of the anwer given...... what kind of details
Questions are
1. Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave canada?
2. Have you been refused a visa to travel to canada ?
1. No
2. Yes

Essat

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-March-2010
AOR Received.
13-May-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
To LA on 10-Nov-2010
Med's Request
08-12-2010
Med's Done....
14-01-2011, sent 26-01-2011
Passport Req..
13-April-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2011
LANDED..........
05-Jun-2011
Hi,

Please see PMM's reply, but I have a point of view on Question 1 (although I agree with PMM's answer)

1) Question (d) on the form: This is always a very tricky question. The way I would interprete it is that it refers to denial to enter Canada at a port of entry. You can be given a visa but denied entry into Canada if circumstances have changed since the visa was issued. However, applying for a visa and being refused can also be taken as being refused admission to canada. A few people have said they've called CIC and been told that denial of a visa also means refusal of admission. This topic has been discussed before: see here and please read all the posts in that topic.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/not-clear-on-backround-question-refused-admission-to-canada-t21276.0.html

If you answer NO, and it turns out that CIC considers refusal of a visa as refusal of admission, that could be taken as withholding information or giving wrong info to a VO.
If you answer YES, you have to provide details and specifically say that you were denied a visa but have never been denied entry into Canada at a POE or ordered to leave Canada. This would also answer question (f).

2) Question (e) on the form: Tick YES, give details and indicate that you applied for and currently have a valid work permit up to 10/2010
3) Question (f) on the form: Tick YES and provide details indicating that you applied to the Detroit CHC for a TRV but your application was refused. State the reasons given by the Detroit CHC.