+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa - applied from Ukraine

annelar

Jan 15, 2014
Hello, Expert!

I am a postgraduate student from Ukraine and my husband has a work permit till November 2014 (NOC 2174 Skill level A).
We got married in September 2013 and I want to go to visit him.

I have applied for a TRV in December '13 and my application has been declined for the next reasons:

1) Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
2) Length of proposed stay in Canada
3) Purpose of visit
4) You are registered as a full time student until 2016

So, we decided to get an academic leave for me and to apply for the second time.
First time we mentioned a long term of stay for my multiple visa (till November '14).

I want to mention I've got a brother studying in France.

So for the second application (TRV for single entry) I've got the next documents:

1) Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257] (stay period from 1st of February till 1st of June)
2) Family Information [IMM 5645]
3) Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 – Schedule 1]
4) Letter of invitation from my husband
1) Photocopy of his Work Visa
2) Photocopy of his passport
3) Photocopy of his Work Permit
4) Letter of Employment
5) Latest bank statement
6) Marriage Certificate (notarized and translated)
7) Notice of assessment for 2012 tax year
5) And all my documents:
1) Latest bank statement (translated)
2) Reference from the University that I'm currently on an academic leave (form 15th of January till 15th of June, translated)
3) Certificate of income (from the University for the last 3 months, translated)
4) Certificate of income from the last job (for 3 months before my studying at the University, translated)

What else should I include to my application to get a positive answer?

Thanks in advance!

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Hi!

Your application package is pretty good. But I would suggest to add the following documents:
1. Letter of support from your husband. If you are going to stay with him there for a long time and you are unemployed, he has to be your sponsor. There is no special form for such document, he just need to write that he will provide financial support (accommodation, transportation, personal needs, medical assistance and so on)
2. Itinerary - didn't see this document in your list, but it s required for TRV
3. Provide proofs of your relationship - photos, emails etc.
4. Write a good cover letter! This letter should go as a Purpose of the travel. In this letter you have to explain to VO, why you need to go to Canada, how long are you planning to stay there, you have to mention your previous application and what have changed in your case since that time (why on your opinion, you are eligible now). You have to describe your relationship with your husband. Also, describe your ties with your home country, and what will be the reasons for you to leave Canada within the allowed time. If there is any particularities in your case they will also need to explain. In my cover letter I was also listing all the providing documents and in which folder VO could find them (i was applying online).
5. Provide your travel history if you have one.
6. What is the period of stay you are planning to ask for? Be aware that if it's more than 6 months, then you will need to pass medical exam. Usually CIC will send the request for medical after you applied. But I did upfront medical exam (before I applied) on my own risk, because the fees for that are non-refundable in case of visa rejection. But I knew, that if I do upfront, it will take less time to get the answer and I was right - got approval in 4 business days.

Good luck!

annelar

Jan 15, 2014
I've got a couple of questions

1) Letter of support from my husband. Is it necessary to write a one more letter, or just include this information to the Invitation letter?
2) Itinerary. Is it enough to send only a reservation of flight tickets or to include some else information?
3) The period of stay is four months, is it necessary to pass a medical exam?
4) Is it necessary to have all original documents from my husband (Invitation letter, Bank statement), or printed copy is enough?

Thanks in advance!

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
annelar said:
I've got a couple of questions

1) Letter of support from my husband. Is it necessary to write a one more letter, or just include this information to the Invitation letter?
2) Itinerary. Is it enough to send only a reservation of flight tickets or to include some else information?
3) The period of stay is four months, is it necessary to pass a medical exam?
4) Is it necessary to have all original documents from my husband (Invitation letter, Bank statement), or printed copy is enough?

Thanks in advance!
1. During your stay in Canada will you depend on your husband financially? If yes, then Yes - you will need additional letter of support.
2. You don't even need a reservation. I was doing a picture (screenshot) of the desired ticket on Orbitz. Apart from the flight information, you will need to provide your trip plan (usually it s day-by-day) but if it's 4 months stay, month-by-month would be enough, i guess.
3. No, do not need then.
4. Scanned/printed copies will be enough.

annelar

Jan 15, 2014
Hi, all!

This morning I have received a passport with a TRV for 4 months in it! Thank you for all your advices, they really worked!

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
annelar said:
Hi, all!

This morning I have received a passport with a TRV for 4 months in it! Thank you for all your advices, they really worked!
Congratulations! I am very glad that everything worked fine for you!

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
I had a question, if a ukraine pr holder doesn't have a ukraine passport, can they still apply for visitor visa and stay in Canada? Also can they Pply for inland application for spousal application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I had a question, if a ukraine pr holder doesn't have a ukraine passport, can they still apply for visitor visa and stay in Canada? Also can they Pply for inland application for spousal application?
You need to stop posting the same question over and over again. You have been reported to the forum moderators.