+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temporary resident permit

anon4521

Feb 21, 2009
I have a misdemeanour and the alleged event happened in May 1995, but the Canadian authorities are equating this to a Canadian law that wasn't passed until 1997...is this legal or can this be disputed? I say alleged because some of what I was accused wasn't true and I took a plea bargain down to the misdemeanour.

I ask because they are counting this misdemeanour as a "serious" criminal offense. Just doesn't seem fair to do that, to take a 12 year misdemeanour and equate it to a serious criminal offense. I've applied for the Temp Residence Permit and also the Rehab. I need the TRP pretty quick, any experience on how long this will take? I need this to enter Canada fr my job.

Whatever happened to showing your drivers license and entering into Canada with no hassles?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

anon4521 said:
I have a misdemeanour and the alleged event happened in May 1995, but the Canadian authorities are equating this to a Canadian law that wasn't passed until 1997...is this legal or can this be disputed? I say alleged because some of what I was accused wasn't true and I took a plea bargain down to the misdemeanour.

I ask because they are counting this misdemeanour as a "serious" criminal offense. Just doesn't seem fair to do that, to take a 12 year misdemeanour and equate it to a serious criminal offense. I've applied for the Temp Residence Permit and also the Rehab. I need the TRP pretty quick, any experience on how long this will take? I need this to enter Canada fr my job.

Whatever happened to showing your drivers license and entering into Canada with no hassles?

/quote]

9/11

PMM

anon4521

Feb 21, 2009
True, 9/11 changed the world. But why go after people who are trying to do their jobs, and why not go after the drug dealers, drug smugglers, terrorists and others? Just doesn't make sense to me. A real recipe to damage both the US and Canadian economies by impeding trade like this.