+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary residency

Timmy1234

Jul 15, 2024
hello, i came on a study permit, i did three years instead if 2. but before i could finish my study permit expired like its more than 3 month now, applying for a new study permit might be impossible or is close to not guranteed, is temporay residence a better choice or what is the better option for me? for i still want to stay and maybe switch to work permit down the line if possible or studies to finish up.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello, i came on a study permit, i did three years instead if 2. but before i could finish my study permit expired like its more than 3 month now, applying for a new study permit might be impossible or is close to not guranteed, is temporay residence a better choice or what is the better option for me? for i still want to stay and maybe switch to work permit down the line if possible or studies to finish up.
If your study permit expired more than 90 days then you are out of status. You would have stopped working 3 months ago. You cannot even restore to a visitor so make plans to leave Canada.