+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Residence Visa application

KRSul

Mar 9, 2022
I am a Canadian LMIA work permit holder and current residence ( until September 30th) was in Canada. I came to visit UK on October 1st and while returning on OCTOBER 23 I came to know that I need a TRV VISA to reenter Canada. Since, I was not aware of that and did not apply for any visa before leaving Canada.

Now, my question is-

1. While applying the TRV from UK-Can I put current country of residence- Canada? I am in a visitor visa in UK.

2. While applying the TRV from UK- can I put that I am applying from Canada ( according to my residence)

Any advice would be appreciated

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a Canadian LMIA work permit holder and current residence ( until September 30th) was in Canada. I came to visit UK on October 1st and while returning on OCTOBER 23 I came to know that I need a TRV VISA to reenter Canada. Since, I was not aware of that and did not apply for any visa before leaving Canada.

Now, my question is-

1. While applying the TRV from UK-Can I put current country of residence- Canada? I am in a visitor visa in UK.

2. While applying the TRV from UK- can I put that I am applying from Canada ( according to my residence)

1 & 2 Canada

You do know processing is about 5 months?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada

Now, my question is-

Why do you still need a TRV if hold a valid work permit?

Or Do you mean your existing work permit has expired on 30 september?

Last edited: