+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary laid off LMIA

nhrhee

Apr 14, 2020
My employer submitted application for LMIA on March 21. And after March 28 I was temporary laid off.

Can I apply for CERB or would it affect my LMIA status?

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My employer submitted application for LMIA on March 21. And after March 28 I was temporary laid off.

Can I apply for CERB or would it affect my LMIA status?

Thank you.
Did you apply for PR and that is why your employer applied for another LMIA? If so you’ll need to inform CIC that you were laid off. You can apply for CERB if you qualify. No it won’t impact your future in Canada.

Simranmeet

Apr 15, 2020
I would like to draw your attention. According to the immigration rules, immigrants are supposed to complete 1560 hours in a year to report one year of work experience. Due to current economic slowdown and significant increases in unemployment rate, immigrants in Canada are not able to find any jobs and as a result, they would not able to report the stipulated number of working hours to fulfill the eligibility requirements for permanent residence status.This deeply affects a large section of the immigrants who were, otherwise, eligible to apply for change of status within six months of period.
Immigrants who are on bounded work permits are in big trouble although their jobs are secure but given the circumstances their businesses are not operational and this led to failure of maintaining minimum working hours for permanent resident. We request you to please find a feasible solution for this.
Given the drastic impact of COVID-19 on global economy and in Canada, it will take considerable time for the economies to rebound and generate enough employment opportunities for people in Canada. Hence, with the bleak employment prospects in future, we request the Canadian government to look into the matter and relax the immigration rules by waiving off the minimum working hours requirement for permanent resident application. This would come as a relief for a large section of immigrants and help them get through the challenging times.
We would be grateful if you could look into the matter at the earliest possible.
Thanking You

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I would like to draw your attention. According to the immigration rules, immigrants are supposed to complete 1560 hours in a year to report one year of work experience. Due to current economic slowdown and significant increases in unemployment rate, immigrants in Canada are not able to find any jobs and as a result, they would not able to report the stipulated number of working hours to fulfill the eligibility requirements for permanent residence status.This deeply affects a large section of the immigrants who were, otherwise, eligible to apply for change of status within six months of period.
Immigrants who are on bounded work permits are in big trouble although their jobs are secure but given the circumstances their businesses are not operational and this led to failure of maintaining minimum working hours for permanent resident. We request you to please find a feasible solution for this.
Given the drastic impact of COVID-19 on global economy and in Canada, it will take considerable time for the economies to rebound and generate enough employment opportunities for people in Canada. Hence, with the bleak employment prospects in future, we request the Canadian government to look into the matter and relax the immigration rules by waiving off the minimum working hours requirement for permanent resident application. This would come as a relief for a large section of immigrants and help them get through the challenging times.
We would be grateful if you could look into the matter at the earliest possible.
Thanking You
This isn’t a Government website.
The Governments hands are probably full right now with the 1.5 million Canadians/PR’s who have lost their jobs due to the pandemic
No one knows what steps the IRCC will take for individuals here on temporary permits

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanking You
This is a public forum. We are all normal people like you and have no control over the rules.

No one here works for IRCC.

Simranmeet

Apr 15, 2020
Ok sir
If you don’t Mind please u can share the proper link where I can contact or send this message to IRCC..because I couldn’t find anything
Thnks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If anything immigration numbers will be decreased or become much more targeted due to higher unemployment. PR is never guaranteed to anyone working in Canada.