+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary foreign worker vacationing outside canada

rgermin

Feb 21, 2014
hi everyone, i just want to ask if you or you know someone who went on vacation outside canada and the immigration denies them upon their re-entry? Do you know the requirements to re-enter considering the changes in TFW starting this June 2014?

Thanks for all your opinions.

TeddyXYZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2014
My friend went for a holidays to Europe and he didn't have any problems to get back. He came right after moratorium was over. Although I had another friend like one year ago when came back to Canada from his moms funeral or something like that and he had some issues. I think he had to prove that he went there for funeral. All in all border officer have the last word on letting you in so there are no certain requirements on that.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
I m in canada as working visa since dec 13

Now month of august I am planning to go to holiday

Will they ask me anything at airport when I will be back

My visa exp nov 15
Work permit exp dec 15

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Hamid khan said:
I m in canada as working visa since dec 13

Now month of august I am planning to go to holiday

Will they ask me anything at airport when I will be back

My visa exp nov 15
Work permit exp dec 15
I also went on vacations last year for almost 6 weeks. CBSA officer just asked me for my passport and work permit thats it. She stamped immigration entry on my passport and welcomed me.

As precautionary ask your employer to give you an employment letter stating that your are going for vacation and will re join on XXXX date..

Hope this help.

greatkingkai

Feb 7, 2015
Hi I'm planning to go to China for my friends' wedding and vacation there as well for about a month, my work permit and visa expires next year, will I have problems re-entering Canada?
My visa is also multiple entry.

my employers are scared that I.might not be able to get back to Canada.
Thanks for your reply!

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
If you have a valid work/study permit then you are entitled to re-enter.

I left twice and didnt get asked any real questions. I brought my work permit and letter from employer stating that i was employed by them.

They can stop you coming in if they suspect you are up to no good but as long as you have valid permits then there shouldnt be any problems