+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temporary foreigh worker for PR?

D

djssaini

Hi,
i am working as Drywaller Assistant(NOC:7611) in BC. Before that i have worked as Drywaller (NOC:7284) for more than 1 yr in India without going for any formal training, but on the job training only.

It seems like i am have enough points to apply for skilled worker as drywaller(noc:7284). My question is:

As currently, i am working in NOC:7611, can i apply under NOC:7284 based on my past experience? Will CIC accept this? or do i need any formal training/apprentice training/exam?

Thanks

trick-r-treat

Jan 18, 2007
I don't know if this is the right answer, but I think that if it was me, I would go for it. You have actually worked in the field, and this can be verified. Better to claim a skill that you know you can do, then nothing at all.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

djssaini said:
Hi,
i am working as Drywaller Assistant(NOC:7611) in BC. Before that i have worked as Drywaller (NOC:7284) for more than 1 yr in India without going for any formal training, but on the job training only.

It seems like i am have enough points to apply for skilled worker as drywaller(noc:7284). My question is:

As currently, i am working in NOC:7611, can i apply under NOC:7284 based on my past experience? Will CIC accept this? or do i need any formal training/apprentice training/exam?

Thanks
Take the assessment at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/assess/index.html You should read the requirements of the NOC for 7284 http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/groups/7284.shtml Which states:

" * Completion of secondary school is usually required.
* Completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program in plastering, drywalling or lathing
or
A combination of over three years of work experience and some high school, college or industry courses in plastering, drywalling or lathing is usually required.
* Plasterer trade certification is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
* Drywall installer and finisher trade certification is available, but voluntary, in British Columbia.
* Lather trade certification is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the Yukon.
* Interprovincial trade certification (Red Seal) is also available to qualified lathers (interior systems mechanic)."

It might be very difficult to meet as you stated you only worked for over a year in India.

PMM

D

djssaini

To meet second (in red) in this:

Completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program in plastering, drywalling or lathing
or
A combination of over three years of work experience and some high school, college or industry courses in plastering, drywalling or lathing is usually required.

can my present experiience as drywaller Assistant be considered?

Also i have certificate in Construction Fundamentals from CTTI, Canada, which is 8 weeks course. Can i use that toward industry course or should go for some other courses while in Canada?

Thanks