Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
3rd April, 2011
dear all ,
I am PG (M.Com, M.A) with teaching degree (B.Ed) and having 5 yrs teaching experience in accountancy and commerce.
my question to all is what are the chances of me getting teaching job in canada ???? and which is the best place to settle in canada

or

are there any other options available for me like book-keeping ,accounting etc and how can i prepare myself best for better absorption as i am from india, i also have experience of instructing in computer institute as instructor

seniors pls suggest me which field will be appropriate for me between the two (teaching and accounting)

Paro

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Benjamin Sapkota said:
dear all ,
I am PG (M.Com, M.A) with teaching degree (B.Ed) and having 5 yrs teaching experience in accountancy and commerce.
my question to all is what are the chances of me getting teaching job in canada ???? and which is the best place to settle in canada

or

are there any other options available for me like book-keeping ,accounting etc and how can i prepare myself best for better absorption as i am from india, i also have experience of instructing in computer institute as instructor

seniors pls suggest me which field will be appropriate for me between the two (teaching and accounting)
Hi Benjamin,

You have very good jobs in teaching in Canada. Please see www.workpolis.com. For settlement i think Toronto is the best place.

Paro

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Benjamin Sapkota said:
dear all ,

or

U will need to get yr qualification certified in Canada and u will also need to be certified to be a teacher in Canada, unless u get yrself employed a lecturer in colleges or unis.

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello abel
thanks for your writing . for teaching in Canada / Ontario, should i need a Canadian degree to apply for teaching profession ? you know, though i scored in the ielts, but level is no like that i teach native speakers in confidence . is there any training for the teachers in Toronto? how long should we wait for the job hunting as teachers ? currently i am expecting PPR and i would try to look for teaching jobs just after my visa is issued when i am in my country.
regards
imu

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To teach in the Canadian school system (elementary or High School) you need to have your degree approved as Canadian equivalent, and then you need to have a teachers certificate (from Canada). Here is a government site that may be of help:

http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/teachers/faq-teachers.html#teachers3

You can sometimes teach in private schools with the certification if you're specialized. You can also consider ESL (English Second Language) teaching that doesn't require a teachers certification, but a separate (much simplier) certification.

To get a book-keeping or accounting position, depending on the position, you'd need to know both the provincial and federal tax regulations regardless of your current degree. CGA (Certified General Accountant) , or CMA (Certified Management Accountant) certification may be something to investigate. Neither of these requires you to be a CA.

rbganda

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/06/2010
Med's Request
8-10-2010
Med's Done....
9-23-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully may.....
hello. I would like to ask also about my teaching job opportunities. I worked as a college instructor for more than 7 years teaching Medical Technology subjects like Microbiology, Hematology , Blood Banking and other major subjects both lecture and laboratory. Also, I have master's degree in educational management. How can i qualify myself to teach in an allied health profession?

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can speak to requirements for Ontario:

There is a difference between a University and College in Ontario. While some colleges are now offering Degree programs, and some have joint relationships with Universities, the majority of Colleges offer Diplomas and/or certificates and Universities offer Degrees.

Teaching at a College in Ontario doesn't require you to have a Ontario Teachers Certification. The certification is required to teach at the Elementary and Secondary Levels. Depending on your discipline, sometimes you need undergraduate, or post-graduate degrees eg) BA and/or MA -- it depends on the course. Sometimes extensive work experience is enough. Certainly very technical courses will require degrees. To teach at a University you need a PhD, or working towards it -- it is VERY difficult to get these positions.

Teaching at a Colleage in Ontario requires you to apply directly to each college individually to any open teaching position they have available. It's usually much easier to start as a Night-School Part-time instructor then expecting to get a Full-time, Day School position -- competition can be high depending on the program.

To give you an idea, here are a few colleges in Ontario: Seneca, Centennial, George Brown. Check out their own career centres, to see if they are hiring any teachers for the January, or fall 2011 school year.

Get all the paper work to have your current degree recognized as an equivalent degree in Canada.

See the #2 roadblock on this list:

http://careego.com/CareerResources/ImmigrationJobSearch/JobSearchStrategies/tabid/325/language/en-CA/Default.aspx#

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi! Canadian career coach
it is a great job . thanks indeed.