+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

tax clearance records even though taxable salary was in financial year of 2018-19

Mack Dash

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
From India so reply accordingly to Indian laws

I'm showing 24 months(2 years) experience. Now the salary of 20 months is below tax limits that is I was not eligible to pay any taxes but salary of last 4 months was above tax limits. Now the thing is this last 4 month's salary is in financial year of 2018-19 and the CA told me that I can't pay taxes on this taxable salary at least this year. I can only pay taxes to the salary of last year's 2017-18 salary which btw is not in tax limits. So what options do I have?

1. Is there any other option that CA never told me or which I don't know of?
2. Do CHC ask for Tax clearance?

CA told me that he can issue me a legal certificate which will mention that my salary was not in tax limits for the financial year of 2017-18? What should I do?

Reactions: Ghan_Shyam

Ghan_Shyam

May 16, 2018
Punjab, India
In my opinion you should get tax clearance record and submit it with your documents as well. I don't know if its important or mandatory or not but it will not harm you.

About that financial year taxes you should explain it in the LOE and that you can't do anything about it.

lets see what other have to say about this.

Reactions: Mack Dash

Mack Dash

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
In my opinion you should get tax clearance record and submit it with your documents as well. I don't know if its important or mandatory or not but it will not harm you.

About that financial year taxes you should explain it in the LOE and that you can't do anything about it.

lets see what other have to say about this.
Ok. I will wait for others opinions on this.
thnku for replying