+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking a Distance education program on Work Visa. Do I need study visa

Kapil Dhal

Aug 31, 2024
I am writing to inquire about the study permit requirements I'm currently residing and working at a Day care in Alberta, Canada on a closed work permit.

I'm is interested in pursuing a distance education program in Early Learning and Childcare (Level 2) from a university in Alberta. The program is a 1-year course.

I have read online that a study permit is generally not required for distance education programs in Canada. However, I wanted to confirm this information with you to ensure that I'm following the correct procedures.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
I am writing to inquire about the study permit requirements I'm currently residing and working at a Day care in Alberta, Canada on a closed work permit.

I'm is interested in pursuing a distance education program in Early Learning and Childcare (Level 2) from a university in Alberta. The program is a 1-year course.

I have read online that a study permit is generally not required for distance education programs in Canada. However, I wanted to confirm this information with you to ensure that I'm following the correct procedures.
Check the conditions on your current permit and reach out to the school to confirm. Generally, 6 month courses are exempt from study permit requirement but there's a lot more to it.