+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

T4 issue

Aneong

Jun 11, 2024
Hello everyone I just want to ask if what I can do right now. I am holding closed work permit my first employer fired me and because of a third party my agency gave me a new work without obtaining a new work permit. my concern is I got a two different T4 for two different employers with closed work permit I filed already both. What can I do right now maybe there’s a big problem with me in the future for my permanent residency application. If there’s a possibly to solve that problem?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you changed employers without getting a new LMIA and applying for a new closed work permit. Or were you on an open work permit?

Aneong

Jun 11, 2024
So you changed employers without getting a new LMIA and applying for a new closed work permit. Or were you on an open work permit?
Now I got vulnerable open work permit. The problem is in the future when it comes to apply for PR maybe it’s difficult for me. What do you think any possible advice?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Now I got vulnerable open work permit. The problem is in the future when it comes to apply for PR maybe it’s difficult for me. What do you think any possible advice?
So you worked for employer on closed work permit and continued to work for employer until you go VOWP? Or did you quit, not work and then get new job?

Trying to understand timelines and make sure you didn’t work illegally. If you didn’t and you have skilled experience, you may be eligible for PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looks like they did work illegally from OP. How long between when you started your 2nd job and when you got the VOWP. How did the employer hire you without a WP? Were they unaware that you were not entitled to work legally which could be problematic for your employer as well.