+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

T13-LMIA Exempt Via Processing time

CM2218

Aug 28, 2024
Hi just looking for some insight on process times for the above visa.

I am currently working under maintained status following a two year IEC via after having applied for an LMIA Exempt T13 visa with offer of employment number from my employer. In June I submitted my PR application following PNP-Nomination as I work as a Veterinarian in BC.

My question is how long I can expect this application to take (LMIA-exempt visa) as currently under maintained status my understanding is that I am unable to leave and re-enter Canada which is something I am planning to do in a month.

Also if I do leave the country and come back without this visa on maintained status will I be let in/allowed to work.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help

wrsousa

Mar 21, 2024
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

117 Days.

"Regardless of the De Brito decision, the authorization to work and study without a permit under paragraph R186(u) or section R189 while pending a decision on an application ends on departure from Canada. If the new study or work permit has not been issued prior to the applicant’s return, they may not resume work or study in Canada until their application for renewal has been granted. Those not able to resume work must satisfy the border services officer that they have sufficient means of support and that they will not study or work without authorization."