+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Syphilis treated

AngelVirus

Jul 4, 2024
1:32 down to 1:4

Hi beautiful people, I from the philippines 36 M. Year 2023 month of May got my medical result reactive for syphilis (RPR Quanti 1:32 ) and got treated ( Penicillin 1shot ) and early this Year 2024 month of May got my 2nd test ( RPR Quanti 1:4 )

I have two questions:

- Is it a good result or should i get another shots?

- And also, Im planning to get married with someone but i don't want to disclose my situation about syphilis ( Coz i think my syphilis is not contagious and treated already ) Im just worried. Coz after married i will apply for my PR here in Canada and medical is one of the Documents/Requirements. Do you think it will become a problem at the immigration? The immigration will ask my partner to get an STI Panel and see the result?

Hope you answer two questions - Thank You!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1:32 down to 1:4

Hi beautiful people, I from the philippines 36 M. Year 2023 month of May got my medical result reactive for syphilis (RPR Quanti 1:32 ) and got treated ( Penicillin 1shot ) and early this Year 2024 month of May got my 2nd test ( RPR Quanti 1:4 )

I have two questions:

- Is it a good result or should i get another shots?

- And also, Im planning to get married with someone but i don't want to disclose my situation about syphilis ( Coz i think my syphilis is not contagious and treated already ) Im just worried. Coz after married i will apply for my PR here in Canada and medical is one of the Documents/Requirements. Do you think it will become a problem at the immigration? The immigration will ask my partner to get an STI Panel and see the result?

Hope you answer two questions - Thank You!
Was second test still reactive? What really consult with your MD to determine if you need further treatment. Unless you have current infection does not have to be disclosed to partner. Full STI screening won’t be required for your spouse. Will undergo similar tests than you did. Would make sure you actually have a path to PR especially given your age since points are awarded based on age in PR process. Hopefully you work in one of the high needs sectors.

AngelVirus

Jul 4, 2024
Was second test still reactive? What really consult with your MD to determine if you need further treatment. Unless you have current infection does not have to be disclosed to partner. Full STI screening won’t be required for your spouse. Will undergo similar tests than you did. Would make sure you actually have a path to PR especially given your age since points are awarded based on age in PR process. Hopefully you work in one of the high needs sectors.

Hello Canuck78,

After a year, I got my second RPR Quanti test. Still Reactive and it's 1:4

I showed the result to my clinic. The doctor said that the penicillin worked and i'm not contagious anymore.

I'm just worried if the doctor here in Canada will make a call to my partner and ask to get a test also. Coz i don't want my partner to know that i had STI 2years ago.

Thank You Canuck78 for replying to my concern.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Canuck78,

After a year, I got my second RPR Quanti test. Still Reactive and it's 1:4

I showed the result to my clinic. The doctor said that the penicillin worked and i'm not contagious anymore.

I'm just worried if the doctor here in Canada will make a call to my partner and ask to get a test also. Coz i don't want my partner to know that i had STI 2years ago.

Thank You Canuck78 for replying to my concern.
If Canadian doctors agree that you are not contagious there is no disclosure to partners. If you receive PR before getting married even if contagious you would be asked to seek treatment and prove you are no longer contagious and that’s it. She will go through standard medical testing like everyone else.

AngelVirus

Jul 4, 2024
If Canadian doctors agree that you are not contagious there is no disclosure to partners. If you receive PR before getting married even if contagious you would be asked to seek treatment and prove you are no longer contagious and that’s it. She will go through standard medical testing like everyone else.
Hello Canuck78,

Here's the thing. My partner is the one who is citizen. She's planning to marry me first so i can apply for PR and Open Work Permit. Please advice Canuck. I'm really worried.

- Should i apply first my Open Work Permit and get my medical before i apply for my PR? What's the best option Canuck78?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Canuck78,

Here's the thing. My partner is the one who is citizen. She's planning to marry me first so i can apply for PR and Open Work Permit. Please advice Canuck. I'm really worried.

- Should i apply first my Open Work Permit and get my medical before i apply for my PR? What's the best option Canuck78?
How do you qualify for an OWP?