+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Switching from a Two-Year to a One-Year Program and Transferring to a New College

onedoubtlad

Aug 1, 2024
I am currently pursuing a two-year program at my college, which offers an option to convert it into a one-year program. I am considering switching to complete the program in one year and then transferring to a different program at another college.

I’m unsure about how complicated this process will be. Should I first switch to the one-year program at my current college, then apply to the new college, and finally update my DLI?

Any advice from those who have experienced a similar situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am currently pursuing a two-year program at my college, which offers an option to convert it into a one-year program. I am considering switching to complete the program in one year and then transferring to a different program at another college.

I’m unsure about how complicated this process will be. Should I first switch to the one-year program at my current college, then apply to the new college, and finally update my DLI?

Any advice from those who have experienced a similar situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
How many semesters of the two year program have you completed?

onedoubtlad

Aug 1, 2024
How many semesters of the two year program have you completed?
I have completed the first two semesters. The college offers two programs: Program A, which is of two years, and Program B, which is one year long. Both programs cover the same courses in the first year. I will be switching from Program A to Program B.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have completed the first two semesters. The college offers two programs: Program A, which is of two years, and Program B, which is one year long. Both programs cover the same courses in the first year. I will be switching from Program A to Program B.
You can switch DLIs. Just update your file.