+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Swedish trucker, what are my chances?

SwedTrucker

Aug 29, 2010
Hello everyone!

All this visa stuff is making me very confused, perhaps somebody can help me...?
Well i go to school to become a truck driver and ive been looking for a way to be able to go to Canada to work. Ive seen that there are 3 provinces whos looking for foreign truck drivers.

Im 21 years old i didnt finnish secondary high school instead i dropt out and started working at sea as an ordinary seaman. I also worked in London at a 5 star hotel as a banquett waiter. Ive worked with other stuff as well.

So peaple what are my chanses to live, work and stay in Canada? Ive done research but i just dont know what my chanses are.... I hope that there is someone who does...

Thank you and good bye

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can find a job as a truck driver and an employer who is willing to help you apply for a work permit, you can come to Canada. There are 3 provinces that allow truck drivers to apply for permanent residency through a provincial nominee program, those are BC, AB and SK and your job would have to be in one of them.

If you do not manage to apply for permanent residency, according to some new rules, you can only stay in Canada for 4 years and then you would have to leave for 4.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
If you can find a job as a truck driver and an employer who is willing to help you apply for a work permit, you can come to Canada. There are 3 provinces that allow truck drivers to apply for permanent residency through a provincial nominee program, those are BC, AB and SK and your job would have to be in one of them.

If you do not manage to apply for permanent residency, according to some new rules, you can only stay in Canada for 4 years and then you would have to leave for 4.
The trucking companies will insist that the OP is over 25 (insurance purposes) and has at least 2 years driving with the European equivalent of a class 1 license with air brakes.