+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting documents & Minor applying for TRV

happymama

Jun 26, 2013
My husband, who is a PR of Canada and I, a Canadian citizen are hoping to have his daughter (my step-daughter), who is a minor visit us in Canada for 3 weeks.

I've visited the CIC website and determined what documents need to be completed but I have a few questions about minors applying for TRV.

1. What type of supporting documents can we submit to help our application? She is 14, a student and we, of course, intend on purchasing her plane ticket and will support her for the duration of her stay.

2. Should we include pay stubs to prove we are financially able to do so?

3. She is enrolled to start school in the fall in her home country, and has her mother, both paternal & maternal grandparents in her home country as well. Is this alone enough to prove ties to her home country?

4 For the TRV application, since she is a minor, can my husband, who resides here in Canada, sign the application for her?

If anyone has experience completing a TRV app for a minor or anyone else that has any advice or input that might help us would be greatly appreciated!

happymama

Jun 26, 2013
So sorry to hear. We're you refused? I want to ensure we submit all that we can to support our application. Was it a step-child for you as well? What documents did you submit along with your application?

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
happymama said:
So sorry to hear. We're you refused? I want to ensure we submit all that we can to support our application. Was it a step-child for you as well? What documents did you submit along with your application?
I can't post the link but it's a few threads below. "Under 18 applicant....".

I'm a teenager who hopes to visit friends in Canada alone, though they seem to be of the opinion that 16 year olds don't need to return home where their parents are and continue schooling.