+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUPPORTING DOCUMENT FOR SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

GAOH

Jan 16, 2017
Hey Guys,

I'm currently preparing all the paperwork for my spouse's sponsorship. There is one section is to proof the relationship to the sponsor and there are 4 questions that we need to answer (on the form IMM5533E, document checklist).

It ask us to provide supporting documents as the following:

Joint ownership of residential property or rental agreement or residential lease (we are currently living with her parents, the property is not under our name and we don't have any of the mentioned document, what will be the alternative option for this set of document, is an explanation note from her parents will be fine ?)

Joint utility account (as we are living with her parents, then the utility accounts are under her parents name)

I'm wondering if the bank account statement will be fine (both shows the same residential address) ? We don't have a joint account because in China, the bank account must be under each individual name even you are wife-husband.

or the commercial insurance that we have purchased (individually of course due to the Chinese government regulation) ?

or can I provide them our marriage certificate to proof our relationship ?

Because for this section, it requires us also to provide other set of documents if we haven't answer yes to all the 4 questions mentioned. As the documents that we have are really limited, then we are not able to provide that much. I would like to know what are the alternative options, is an explanation note that explain the situation to Canada Immigration will be fine ?

Thank you,

Henry

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
GAOH said:
Any answers ?
Hi,

I am kind of a novice at this, but it seems to me that you don't have other options as proof of relationship, because with the new forms, they ask you to submit evidence from 2 out of 3 of very specific criteria. Unfortunately if you are not able to provide what they are looking for, your best bet would be to write a letter explaining why.

Good luck!

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GAOH said:
Hey Guys,

I'm currently preparing all the paperwork for my spouse's sponsorship. There is one section is to proof the relationship to the sponsor and there are 4 questions that we need to answer (on the form IMM5533E, document checklist).

It ask us to provide supporting documents as the following:

Joint ownership of residential property or rental agreement or residential lease (we are currently living with her parents, the property is not under our name and we don't have any of the mentioned document, what will be the alternative option for this set of document, is an explanation note from her parents will be fine ?)

Joint utility account (as we are living with her parents, then the utility accounts are under her parents name)

I'm wondering if the bank account statement will be fine (both shows the same residential address) ? We don't have a joint account because in China, the bank account must be under each individual name even you are wife-husband.

or the commercial insurance that we have purchased (individually of course due to the Chinese government regulation) ?

or can I provide them our marriage certificate to proof our relationship ?

Because for this section, it requires us also to provide other set of documents if we haven't answer yes to all the 4 questions mentioned. As the documents that we have are really limited, then we are not able to provide that much. I would like to know what are the alternative options, is an explanation note that explain the situation to Canada Immigration will be fine ?

Thank you,

Henry
Actually the categories they put can include some of your documents:

*bank account statement will be fine (both shows the same residential address)
* social media interactions
*logs with all your calls and chats
*signed testimonies by your relatives and friends portraying your relationship from their perspectives.
*photos of the wedding WITH YOUR FAMILIES AND PARENTS IN THEM.

staff like that are used for recent marriages successfully.