+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Support letters, should I say that my skilled worker visa was denied?

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
First of all, thank you very much for the support you guys offer. I am very grateful for that, thanks!

My wife is going to sponsor me (outland process) and we're in the last stage before we send everything. We're waiting for the criminal records from Spain and Italy and in the meantime, we're finishing to fill and sign the forms, printing photos, etc...

She is writing a letter explaining and telling everything about us, how and when we met, what we have done together, when we decided to move in together and when we did it, when we got married, etc...

I was in the middle of a process to get a skilled worker visa, but it was denied. We decided to move in together before this happened but we got married after the government refused my visa.

Since we met, almost one year, we have a lot of proof showing our mutual love for each other... e-mails, sms (150 pages), photos, 15 supporting letters of family and friends recognizing and approving our union and true love.

So, our doubt is... should we tell about the denied visa? I guess they know everything about me / us, so it is an open secret. Also, should we write a cover letter (one each) + our love history? What do you guys recommend?

Thank you very much in advance to all of you, I wish you all the best luck!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Could use some more information. Are you in Canada now? What's your status? Why was the skilled work visa refused? Were you in the EE pool?

They are going to have everything on record, not really a need to write about it unless you overstayed or did something else that needs explaining.

Edit: Ok I read some of your previous posts. That situation isn't that big a deal since your employer applied for it. Still I would show as much proof as possible about the genuineness of your relationship so they don't have any reason to suspect you are just marrying for a visa.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
In your letter explaining about your relationship, you do not have to mention the refused visa, but you must admit that you have been refused a visa to Canada. This is question 6 in Schedule A IMM 5669E.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you should answer the truth when a question about previous refuel of visa.

I was rejected for CEC (PR) years before I applied for sponsorship.
So I answered the question that asks previous refusal and wrote in detail on the separate sheet of paper: I explained when/why it happened etc.
VO didn't ask any further question when they process my file.

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
Aquakitty said:
Could use some more information. Are you in Canada now? What's your status? Why was the skilled work visa refused? Were you in the EE pool?

They are going to have everything on record, not really a need to write about it unless you overstayed or did something else that needs explaining.
Dear Aquakitty, thanks for your response!
I am in Canada right now, the idea is to stay here as a tourist till I have my permanent residence. I applied to a tourist visa 98 days ago, but I'm still waiting a response. Regarding my status, I guess... implied status, right? My visa was refused because according to the Government of Québec, the company did not demonstrate that their job offer resulted in filling the labor shortage in that profession (photographic studio manager). And to conclude, I am from Málaga, Spain.

According to you, could these details change the rules of the game? Thanks!

canadianwoman said:
In your letter explaining about your relationship, you do not have to mention the refused visa, but you must admit that you have been refused a visa to Canada. This is question 6 in Schedule A IMM 5669E.
floomy said:
you should answer the truth when a question about previous refuel of visa.

I was rejected for CEC (PR) years before I applied for sponsorship.
So I answered the question that asks previous refusal and wrote in detail on the separate sheet of paper: I explained when/why it happened etc.
VO didn't ask any further question when they process my file.
Dear canadianwoman & floomy, thanks a lot for your support!
Regarding question 6 in Schedule A IMM 5669E, did you mean this one?

This is what I said...

These are the details I have provided:

A) On April 27, 2015 the application for an extension of my working permit was refused due to a non valid LMIA causing a loss to my temporary resident status. I mistakenly applied for a work permit extension instead of a tourist visa extension as I was later informed by the CIC. I realized this was my fault. The CIC advised me to apply for restoration within 90 days from the expiry of my temporary resident status. I am enclosing the letter the CIC sent me on April 27, 2015.

B) On May 5, 2015 my LMIA was refused. According to the Government of Québec, the company did not demonstrate that their job offer resulted in filling the labor shortage in that profession (photographic studio manager).

According to you guys, is everything okay? Do you have any suggestion? I'm all ears!

Once again thank you very much to all of you, I wish you all a great day!

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is how I would write (just for example, not asking you to do this) and I did for my PR.

on the separate sheet of paper, you could say

Question a) and b)
- My work permit was expired xx.xx.2015. and renewed xx.xx.2015 . and my company applied for LMO xx.xx.2015. and get result/get rejected on xx.xx. 2015 due to ….
and I got letter regarding to my work permit from CIC on xx.xx.2015.
etc

I would give a exact date if you can and explain the situation in details.

hope it helps.

P.S I would not say it was your fault (maybe you could say you misunderstood about renewing work permit etc)

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
That question doesn't ask about work visas though, unless work visas are considered a temporary resident visa (according to CIC site, a TRV includes a visitor visa, transit visa, super visa). You applying for an LMIA is well within all acceptable standards, the company applied for it for you, so this is just my opinion of course but I don't think it applies to that question.

You were accepted for the visitor record extension afterwards. Since you are spanish you don't need a visitor visa. That question only asks about specific visas which you never needed in the first place.

I agree with Floomy's wording if you want to put it in. It's not really your fault, it's your work's fault so no need to say that.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I would still say yes to that question, then offer an explanation (as you have done). Even if it was not necessary, the visa officer will appreciate the explanation. If you answer no, and it turns out the visa officer thinks you should have said yes, there might be trouble. In addition, the visa officer will need an explanation of the circumstances in any case. Better to give them now in the application than to be called for an interview.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say YES too.
thought work permit is under category of immigrant visa.
P.S should be honest with CIC, before they find out that you did not inform them .

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
You guys are right, I agree he should put "yes". Just to clarify I don't think it's relevant to his visitor record extension that he explained was his fault. I think he should word it like Floomy mentioned.

He worded it like he has a visa, but he does not. He has a visitor record (visitor status). So, telling them he screwed up his "tourist visa" is confusing terminology.

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
You guys are the best, thank you very much for your comments and support!

So, I'm going to say YES to the question you will find below.
It's going to be the only YES that I'm going to say, the others questions have nothing in common with me.

These are the details modified, please feel free to give your opinion:

SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND / DECLARATION (IMM5669E)

6. DETAILS:

My working holiday visa expired on February 27, 2015. Before that date, the company I was working with as a contractor, applied for a LMIA on January 7, 2015. That same day, we sent the application for an extension of my working permit due to expiration of my working holiday visa.

On April 27, 2015 the application for an extension of my working permit was refused due to a non valid LMIA causing a loss to my temporary resident status. We mistakenly applied for a work permit extension instead of a tourist visa extension as we was later informed by the CIC. The same day, the CIC sent me an e-mail and advised me to apply for a restoration within 90 days from the expiry of my temporary resident status.

On May 5, 2015 the LMIA was refused. According to the Government of Québec, the company did not demonstrate that their job offer resulted in filling the labor shortage in that profession (photographic studio manager).

I am enclosing the letter the CIC sent me on April 27, 2015. Also, a copy of the application and fee's receipt for the application to a restoration of status as a tourist I sent on June 6, 2015. Up until today (September 19, 2015), I'm still waiting for a response.

---

Honestly, I can't be more grateful for your help, once again thank you very much guys!

I hope you have a great weekend.

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
Btw, I'm reviewing the SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND / DECLARATION (IMM5669E) and I'm not very sure about what to say here:

SEE IMAGE: https://i.imgur.com/ZULZ5ds.png

I'm still living here and I hope for many many more years!
I cannot write words, just numbers... should I attach a note saying that I'm currently living in that address?? Or just leave it in blank, print it and write "until present"?

Thank you very much! ;D

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can write "present" .
if it doesn't let you, you can write the date you send off application.

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
floomy said:
you can write "present" .
if it doesn't let you, you can write the date you send off application.
Thanks gloomy, I really appreciate your support.
So I will write "present" and that's it... Btw, what about the details I'm going to provide for question 6 SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND / DECLARATION (IMM5669E)? According to you, make sense? It is clear? I did my best... Please feel free to correct me if necessary.

Thank you very much to all of you, I hope you have a good Sunday!

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It sounds good to me.
I would send a photo copy of LMIA refusal letter (if you can) and a photocopy of your expired work permit and any letter from CIC regarding that matter to support your story.

hope everything works fine for you and your spouse.

Good luck.