+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa no stamp at entry, visa expiring soon

cloudsurfer79

Aug 27, 2024
Hello,

My dad has a supervisa valid until end of January 2025. He entered Canada in June and then we went for 1 week to the USA. Upon return to Canada by land, the CBSA officer said he has a visitor visa, NOT a Supervisa, so he has to leave 6 months after his end of June entry, which means he has to leave by end of December 2024. I was clearly seeing his passport visa showing: PG1 MULTIPLE entries. I explained to officer it was a Supervisa because it is PG1 and he has come with that supervise before. He said no, that I was wrong and it was a simple visitor visa. I know I am not wrong. Officer was nice but adamant in his error, he seemed young and that he didn’t know what he was talking about. Could anyone confirm? This caused us so much stress.

Thank you in advance.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hello,

My dad has a supervisa valid until end of January 2025. He entered Canada in June and then we went for 1 week to the USA. Upon return to Canada by land, the CBSA officer said he has a visitor visa, NOT a Supervisa, so he has to leave 6 months after his end of June entry, which means he has to leave by end of December 2024. I was clearly seeing his passport visa showing: PG1 MULTIPLE entries. I explained to officer it was a Supervisa because it is PG1 and he has come with that supervise before. He said no, that I was wrong and it was a simple visitor visa. I know I am not wrong. Officer was nice but adamant in his error, he seemed young and that he didn’t know what he was talking about. Could anyone confirm? This caused us so much stress.

Thank you in advance.
While the officer could be wrong in his assessment of PG-1, the duration of stay is at their discretion. You could try re-entering Canada or apply for a visitor extension inland.