+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa for old parents

tlghskn

Jun 30, 2016
I am planning to apply for super visa for my parents (62 & 65 in age) and had a few questions about it:

1. Can their super visa be rejected merely on the basis of their age?

2. As per cic.gc.ca, one has to go through a medical test when applying for a super visa (just like any other visa or PR application), what exactly are the expectations from the medical tests? My father has type-2 diabetes and mother suffers from rheumatoid arthritis. Can these medical conditions affect their candidacy for the super visa?

3. As per some discussions I read on the forum, it seems like the insurance plans available for super visa holders only cover emergency expenses. Is that correct? Websites like these offer plans that seem pretty comprehensive: visitorsinsurance.ca or am I reading the plans wrong?

4. Are there any other factors that can lead the super visa request to be declined?

Not a super visa question but related:
5. How is the medical exam for super visa different from the medical exam for the PR application (family based)? Is it stricter or does it have different expectations?

Apologies for so many questions. Haven't been able to find concrete answers to these questions yet.

Thanks a bunch!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. They aren't old. They are still working age.
2. Yes - parents can be refused if they have serious medical conditions. As long as your parents' medical conditions aren't too severe / too progressed, they should be fine.
3. Yes - the insurance policy will only cover emergencies. You will have to pay out of pocket for all other medical care they receive in Canada (including regular test, medications, doctors visits, etc.). Make sure you budget accordingly or that they bring enough money to cover these costs.
4. Yes - lack of ties to home country, lack of funds.
5. I don't believe they are any different.

tlghskn

Jun 30, 2016
scylla said:
1. They aren't old. They are still working age.
2. Yes - parents can be refused if they have serious medical conditions. As long as your parents' medical conditions aren't too severe / too progressed, they should be fine.
3. Yes - the insurance policy will only cover emergencies. You will have to pay out of pocket for all other medical care they receive in Canada (including regular test, medications, doctors visits, etc.). Make sure you budget accordingly or that they bring enough money to cover these costs.
4. Yes - lack of ties to home country, lack of funds.
5. I don't believe they are any different.
Thanks scylla!

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
@ tlghskn

Did you apply for supervisa and did u get. I would like to apply for my dad but he has RA for 10 years now and on medication. Wanted to see if it would be a case that bee might be denied visa