+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa - Extension possible?

Jul 24, 2020
Hello Seniors,

Looking for some guidance on my situation.
  • My mothers passport expired and she held SuperVisa valid in her old passport.
  • We applied for a renewed passport and received a renewed passport.
  • She is currently with me in Canada, we had applied for an extension of the visitor record and we got this based on the old passport, however this was granted to the expiry of her old passport. I called IRCC and requested if they could use her new passport and grant it for longer, but the agent mentioned the case is closed and there is nothing could be done. Although, I had sent a web-form with the newer passport copy. He instead told me to re-apply for an extension 1 month prior to the visitor record expiry
  • I do not want her to return back home, due to COVID-19 and also there isn't anyone to take care.
  • I have applied for Parents Sponsorship in 2019, and still no progress on my application. It is with the LVO. I check everyday for progress, but there is nothing.
She can be here until Feb 2021.
  • I am planing to apply for a regular multiple entry visa?
    • I am concerned, that if I get rejected it will be a black mark on her file. Should I apply for this? Can I apply for this from Canada? What is the typical processing time?
  • Is she allowed to leave the country and re-enter based on just the extension of Visitor Record, even though her Supervisa is expired?
  • Is there anything that can be requested to speed up the PR processing? I have already requested notes and there is no progress.
Will appreciate any other feedback, thoughts, comments.

Thank you!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment/correct but there should be no black mark for either an extension or a new TRV being rejected.

She could apply from within Canada although that can be a challenge to get approval given IRCC may suspect is trying to live in the country as a visitor which is why generally people are advised to spend a period of time outside of the country.

Processing time within Canada is relatively short but outside can be a lot longer depending on home country.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

A visitor record gets cancelled out when leaving the country.

There Is no way to expedite a PR application , something which everyone would like but is not possible.

Probably best to assume for now to apply come January for a visitor extension and she can stay on pending a decision which may take months, 191 days currently to process through completion.