+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa application for Father

Oct 15, 2024
Hello,

I applied for my father’s sponsorship for a Super Visa on May 31, 2024. Today is October 15, and I still haven’t received any updates. Last week, I reached out to the MP’s office here in Canada for an update on my application. They got back to me today, informing me that the file is with the Central Network Office in India. Regarding the assessments, criminality has been passed, but eligibility is still under review.

Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? I’m not sure why it’s taking so long. For eligibility, I submitted my employment letter showing my income, which is more than $65,000—enough for one sponsorship.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I applied for my father’s sponsorship for a Super Visa on May 31, 2024. Today is October 15, and I still haven’t received any updates. Last week, I reached out to the MP’s office here in Canada for an update on my application. They got back to me today, informing me that the file is with the Central Network Office in India. Regarding the assessments, criminality has been passed, but eligibility is still under review.

Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? I’m not sure why it’s taking so long. For eligibility, I submitted my employment letter showing my income, which is more than $65,000—enough for one sponsorship.

Thank you.
Ask in the Visitors section of the forum. IRCC will sometimes not approve without an NOA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Thank you.
Also note that you need to show LICO not just to cover your father but also yourself and any dependents.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Thank you.
Supervisa is based on income earned in Canada not salary which is why NOA is typically the preferred proof of funds. Processing times for India has increased and likely going to increase further. 65k is not a lot given you also have to pay 1-2k for supervisa insurance.

Oct 15, 2024
Hello all,

Thank you for your replies.

Today, I received a decision with a rejection due to income eligibility. Can I appeal this decision by providing my NOA, or should I reapply with the same documents?

Thank you for your support.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

Thank you for your replies.

Today, I received a decision with a rejection due to income eligibility. Can I appeal this decision by providing my NOA, or should I reapply with the same documents?

Thank you for your support.
You need to apply again with NOA since you are submitting new information.