+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa

IrinaRC

Feb 23, 2020
Hello. I would like to know for how long my parents can get a super visa. Their passport is valid for only 6 years so they have to change it every 6 years. So, if they get a super visa for 10 years, does the super visa expire with the passport after the 6 years or can they enter to Canada and show the old passport with their super visa and the new passport together also ? Or does IRCC only give us the super visa according with the old 6 year passport?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello. I would like to know for how long my parents can get a super visa. Their passport is valid for only 6 years so they have to change it every 6 years. So, if they get a super visa for 10 years, does the super visa expire with the passport after the 6 years or can they enter to Canada and show the old passport with their super visa and the new passport together also ? Or does IRCC only give us the super visa according with the old 6 year passport?
Visas can't be granted beyond passport expiry. They may get until passport expiry or IRCC may give them a shorter validity.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also out that supervisa is a ways off since your sponsorship application was only recently submitted. There may be concerns that you parents may be at risk of not returning home given the situation in Canada. Their ties are unlikely to be very strong to Cuba.

hecksflakes

Mar 12, 2020
Hey guys I need your swift input on this!

Is it possible to submit a super visa application and then go for the medical when CIC has not instructed one to do it?

marienne_20

Star Member
Apr 10, 2011
hi everyone .. i just applied for supervisa for my parents. Has anyone received any replies as yet? I got our response for completed biometrics last June 1, andhave not received any replies after that.
Currently it was mentioned in the application that before medicals, you need to have a paperwork coming from CIC- and also, medical approvals will only come from an accredited hospital from their list.

notusman

May 26, 2017
Hi,

I want to apply for my parents' super visa and I have a few questions, it would be of great help if anyone can provide it. I have searched a lot but could not find information.

1. I am a Permanent Resident since September 2019 and have started working in May 2020. My spouse started working in Dec 2019. Her 2019 Tax Notice Assessment contained income for December 2019 only whereas in my Notice of Assessment there is no income mentioned. Will my and my wife's pay stubs be sufficient for the last few months as proof of income?
2. Can I also ask my brother to provide his pay stubs and that would add up as proof of income?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I want to apply for my parents' super visa and I have a few questions, it would be of great help if anyone can provide it. I have searched a lot but could not find information.

1. I am a Permanent Resident since September 2019 and have started working in May 2020. My spouse started working in Dec 2019. Her 2019 Tax Notice Assessment contained income for December 2019 only whereas in my Notice of Assessment there is no income mentioned. Will my and my wife's pay stubs be sufficient for the last few months as proof of income?
2. Can I also ask my brother to provide his pay stubs and that would add up as proof of income?

Thanks.
1. Your pay stubs should be sufficient.
2. No, your brother's income cannot be considered.

notusman

May 26, 2017
1. Your pay stubs should be sufficient.
2. No, your brother's income cannot be considered.
Thanks a lot, that was a quick response. I was looking at other posts and that got me confused which stated that i have to earn minimum of LICO amount before i can apply, even if i have a gross yearly salary more than that. Whereas when i look at the requirements on CIC, it only states pay stubs or a salary letter from employer without mentioning to have earned more than LICO amount.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot, that was a quick response. I was looking at other posts and that got me confused which stated that i have to earn minimum of LICO amount before i can apply, even if i have a gross yearly salary more than that. Whereas when i look at the requirements on CIC, it only states pay stubs or a salary letter from employer without mentioning to have earned more than LICO amount.
The reality and what they accept seems to be different although you should try to see if you get approved.

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone .. i just applied for supervisa for my parents. Has anyone received any replies as yet? I got our response for completed biometrics last June 1, andhave not received any replies after that.
Currently it was mentioned in the application that before medicals, you need to have a paperwork coming from CIC- and also, medical approvals will only come from an accredited hospital from their list.
Hi Marienne_20,

Any news about your application? I'm planning on applying my mom too. Thanks

GetThePRStatus

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Hi Guys

just wondering how long it takes to get the super visa approved for parents at the current situation. I am in Canada with PR status and want parents to bring here.

Last edited: