+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa requirements - Self employed (small business incorporated)

bkrishnm

Aug 17, 2024
Hi All,

I'm a self employed individual with a small business setup(incorporated) in the year 2023-July, who wanted to bring my mother to Canada. With a family of 2 (my spouse & myself). For the period (2023-July to 2024-June) I've T2/NOA & paid the taxes in full (Federal/Provincial). My spouse is a working (Full-time, temporary) individual with an annual income of 65K CAD.

1. Can I show the T2/NOA of my business income supporting LICO (I've not taken any dividends & my personal T4 doesn't show any income). I'm the sole director/proprietor of the business
2. Can I include my spouse T4/NOA along with her recent revision salary letter with paystubs of last 3-4 months ?
3. My accountant shall provide a letter confirming my income.

PS : I had to be self employed as the organization I used to work doesn't have presence in Canada. hence, working as a sub-contractor to get paid.

Expectation

From the experts I'd like to know if I can apply for super visa for my mother & what are the additional docs if needed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I'm a self employed individual with a small business setup(incorporated) in the year 2023-July, who wanted to bring my mother to Canada. With a family of 2 (my spouse & myself). For the period (2023-July to 2024-June) I've T2/NOA & paid the taxes in full (Federal/Provincial). My spouse is a working (Full-time, temporary) individual with an annual income of 65K CAD.

1. Can I show the T2/NOA of my business income supporting LICO (I've not taken any dividends & my personal T4 doesn't show any income). I'm the sole director/proprietor of the business
2. Can I include my spouse T4/NOA along with her recent revision salary letter with paystubs of last 3-4 months ?
3. My accountant shall provide a letter confirming my income.

PS : I had to be self employed as the organization I used to work doesn't have presence in Canada. hence, working as a sub-contractor to get paid.

Expectation

From the experts I'd like to know if I can apply for super visa for my mother & what are the additional docs if needed.
Business funds and taxes do not count towards LICO. Your spouse’s NOA can be submitted for your mother to visit Canada. You may need to wait until next year to qualify although you can try with just pay stubs. Given the recent salary increase her income earned may not actually be sufficient this year to meet LICO. LICO is based on income earned not salary.

Reactions: bkrishnm

bkrishnm

Aug 17, 2024
Business funds and taxes do not count towards LICO. Your spouse’s NOA can be submitted for your mother to visit Canada. You may need to wait until next year to qualify although you can try with just pay stubs. Given the recent salary increase her income earned may not actually be sufficient this year to meet LICO. LICO is based on income earned not salary.
Appreciate your response :)