+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa questions

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
I am applying for Super Visa for my parents. I needed details on a couple of things

1) Super VISA insurance - The requirement is to have 1 year insurance from the date of travel. Considering that Super Visa timelines are upwards of 200 days right now, how can I buy the insurance upfront? Is it fine to say that I am applying/submitting application for the visa by Aug 2021 but parents intend to travel only from June 2022 onwards and hence by insurance also from June 2022 as effective date? Will IRCC question via you need VISA so early when you want to travel late? Secondly, can insurance companies change the effective date if VISA is still not processed (as due to covid delays are there)?

2) My parents have regular medication of high blood pressure & diabetes. It is all stable, but they need to take these tablets daily. I believe they can carry 3 months of medicines while coming to canada. After that, will they need to get all the tests done in canada and get appointment with doctors to get the prescription for these medicines? Or is there any easy way out?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am applying for Super Visa for my parents. I needed details on a couple of things

1) Super VISA insurance - The requirement is to have 1 year insurance from the date of travel. Considering that Super Visa timelines are upwards of 200 days right now, how can I buy the insurance upfront? Is it fine to say that I am applying/submitting application for the visa by Aug 2021 but parents intend to travel only from June 2022 onwards and hence by insurance also from June 2022 as effective date? Will IRCC question via you need VISA so early when you want to travel late? Secondly, can insurance companies change the effective date if VISA is still not processed (as due to covid delays are there)?

2) My parents have regular medication of high blood pressure & diabetes. It is all stable, but they need to take these tablets daily. I believe they can carry 3 months of medicines while coming to canada. After that, will they need to get all the tests done in canada and get appointment with doctors to get the prescription for these medicines? Or is there any easy way out?
1. Usually you can buy the policy but start it when they travel. You can usually get reimbursed for the unused part of the year if they return home early.

johncall

Sep 10, 2020
Hello Friends,
Can I show the proof of funds for Super Visa for my parents in the form of Stocks, RRSP, TFSA in addition to some funds in bank checking account?

Or only the funds in the bank account will be considered as the proof of funds for Super Visa?

Also, Recently from Canada, I travelled to my home country. Before submitting the super visa application for my parents, should I wait until I am physically present in Canada again or I can submit the super visa application while I am in my home country temporarily?
Parents are off course in the home country.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,
Can I show the proof of funds for Super Visa for my parents in the form of Stocks, RRSP, TFSA in addition to some funds in bank checking account?

Or only the funds in the bank account will be considered as the proof of funds for Super Visa?

Also, Recently from Canada, I travelled to my home country. Before submitting the super visa application for my parents, should I wait until I am physically present in Canada again or I can submit the super visa application while I am in my home country temporarily?
Parents are off course in the home country.
Yes, but your parents still have to show they have funds (in the form of money in Bank account and/or stocks/ bonds) to support their trip.

I'm not sure about the second question. But you need to show LICO in order to apply. Since you are working in home country, how do you show LICO?

Reactions: johncall

johncall

Sep 10, 2020
Yes, but your parents still have to show they have funds (in the form of money in Bank account and/or stocks/ bonds) to support their trip.

I'm not sure about the second question.
Yes, definitely Funds in parents' bank account, I am making sure they have $20k in their accounts 6 months old.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I'm not sure about the second question. But you need to show LICO in order to apply. Since you are working in home country, how do you show LICO?
You can show your investments funds but to qualify for the supervisa program you must meet the income requirement not prove your assets. Line 150 on your NOA usually represents your income that will be counted to qualify for a supervisa. EI due to unemployment is usually subtracted from NOA.

Reactions: johncall and YVR123

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can show your investments funds but to qualify for the supervisa program you must meet the income requirement not prove your assets. Line 150 on your NOA usually represents your income that will be counted to qualify for a supervisa. EI due to unemployment is usually subtracted from NOA.
That's what I said, they must meet LICO to qualify for supervisa.

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
Hi All,
For supervisa, I would be showing that I can support my parents for their stay in canada. Do they also have to show funds in their bank? I thought that for Supervisa Parent's financial details are not needed..........Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
For supervisa, I would be showing that I can support my parents for their stay in canada. Do they also have to show funds in their bank? I thought that for Supervisa Parent's financial details are not needed..........Thanks!
Yes they need to show their funds as well

johncall

Sep 10, 2020
Thank you, sir, for the guidance!