+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa or Visitor Visa if passport expiring in 2 years?

listerine

Oct 9, 2023
Hey guys!
I was thinking of applying for a visa for my parents to visit, and even though they are likely going to stay for less than 6 months on their visit, I was thinking of applying for the super visa directly instead of the visitor visa. But I realized that their passports expire in July 2026, and since I've read that the super visa is only given until the expiry of the passport, I was wondering if it's better to just apply for the visitor visa instead.

Any thoughts on what I should be applying for? And whether there is any argument to still apply for the Super Visa directly.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys!
I was thinking of applying for a visa for my parents to visit, and even though they are likely going to stay for less than 6 months on their visit, I was thinking of applying for the super visa directly instead of the visitor visa. But I realized that their passports expire in July 2026, and since I've read that the super visa is only given until the expiry of the passport, I was wondering if it's better to just apply for the visitor visa instead.

Any thoughts on what I should be applying for? And whether there is any argument to still apply for the Super Visa directly.
Really depends on their profile.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Apologies for the delayed response, but can you expand on that? What do you mean by profile here? In my case I am inviting them as a citizen.
Ties to their home country including liquid savings, property ownership, previous international travel experience, etc

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I see. yes, in their case they have good standing in all those things. So are you suggesting to apply for visitor visa only, if that's the case?
It is up to you. Depending on their desired length of visit IRCC sometimes also determines that normal TRV not supervisa should be processed. What country are they from and do they live there?

listerine

Oct 9, 2023
It is up to you. Depending on their desired length of visit IRCC sometimes also determines that normal TRV not supervisa should be processed. What country are they from and do they live there?
They are from India, and living there itself.