+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa: How long back home in between visits?

jadecheee

Aug 17, 2020
Hey all!
I'd like to apply for a super visa for my grandmother who is 80 years old.
I was wondering how long she would have to stay back home in between her 2-year long visits to Canada? If it matters, she's from Belgium, and both her children live in Belgium as well. She's healthy with no real health issues.
Ideally, I'd like her to stay in Canada with me most of the time during the length of her super visa (10 years), with short visits back home to Belgium in between, and hopefully be able to sponsor her for a PR during that time. Is that possible?

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey all!
I'd like to apply for a super visa for my grandmother who is 80 years old.
I was wondering how long she would have to stay back home in between her 2-year long visits to Canada? If it matters, she's from Belgium, and both her children live in Belgium as well. She's healthy with no real health issues.
Ideally, I'd like her to stay in Canada with me most of the time during the length of her super visa (10 years), with short visits back home to Belgium in between, and hopefully be able to sponsor her for a PR during that time. Is that possible?

Thank you!
There's really no exact answer to this question however you should assume it won't be possible for her to "live" in Canada for the entire 10 years. You should assume there will be periods of many months where she will have to be outside of Canada. Likley the best course of action would be to have her come here on the super visa once approved and remain for the two years allowed, then apply for an extension. Assuming an extension is granted, then stay for the duration of that extension. At some point she would need to return homea and remain there for a while before returning. Let's say she spends two years in Canada and then gets an extension for another year, she would likely want to remain outside of Canada for at least 6-8 months before attempting to return for another 2 years.

Yes - you can certainly sponsor her for PR while she is on a super visa. Sponsoring her for PR is obviously the right move if you want her to be able to live here permanently.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that supervisa insurance is emergency medical insurance. If she gets ill she will be expected to return home once stabilized.