+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa health insurance

DesiMumbhai

Dec 15, 2011
Do Visitors to Canada/Super Visa health insurance policies only cover 'Emergency' situations? Are non emergency situations for e.g. a visit to a doctor's office for either a routine checkup or some ailment, not covered?

As an example, one of the online travel insurance agents: bestquotetravelinsurance.ca, is only offering 'Emergency Medical' as an option for visitors to Canada. Is this the same for all insurance providers?

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The answer is yes with some exceptions. All Visitors to Canada Travel Insurance is designed to cover emergency medical expenses not routine medical services like annual checkup, medication for a common cold or drugs. Some companies do provide coverage for follow up visits once a medical emergency has occurred; others are more restrictive and only cover treatment within the first 30 days. You have read the policy carefully, one of the most comprehensive plans I found that I sell is TIC travel insurance. GMS Insurance is cheaper and now allows multiple entries but the cheaper price comes with a high deductible of $1,000.00 per claim and is not as liberal on follow up visits. The other difference is the convenience for multiple entries comes at a price, because there is no coverage when one returns to their country of origin and there is no refund for this time you are not using coverage. GMS Insurance is more convenient because you don't need to purchase a policy for each individual visit within the policy period of one year. All other Visitors to Canada Insurance Policies offer a partial refund for any unused insurance once one returns to their country of origin, subject to the terms and conditions of their policy of course. So it really depends on one individual situation which type of policy is best suited for their specific needs.

If you need any other information and would like to review the insurance policies please contact me directly:

Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc.
Gary Goldshmidt
Managing Director

Toronto Local Tel: 416.410.4393
Email: gary @ stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca