+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 5 year stay inquiry

ella09

Jul 28, 2024
Hello, My mum’s super visa approved from June 2022 till Jan 2025 because her passport expires in Jan 2025. She is presently outside Canada and renewed her passport already. Now, my question is if she comes to visit me this year October before her visa expires (jan 2025)-
1. will she be automatically granted a stay of up to 5 years as per the new regulations? (I understand that if she enters Canada after Jan 2025, she will need to apply for new super visa)
2. will the IRCC officer automatically puts a new visa stamp on her new passport or are they issuing a visitor record arrival?
3. should I give her my latest invitation letter +T4 with her when she meets the IRCC officer at the Canadian airport?

will be very grateful for prompt response and anyone's recent experience.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, My mum’s super visa approved from June 2022 till Jan 2025 because her passport expires in Jan 2025. She is presently outside Canada and renewed her passport already. Now, my question is if she comes to visit me this year October before her visa expires (jan 2025)-
1. will she be automatically granted a stay of up to 5 years as per the new regulations? (I understand that if she enters Canada after Jan 2025, she will need to apply for new super visa)
2. will the IRCC officer automatically puts a new visa stamp on her new passport or are they issuing a visitor record arrival?
3. should I give her my latest invitation letter +T4 with her when she meets the IRCC officer at the Canadian airport?

will be very grateful for prompt response and anyone's recent experience.
1. nobody is ever guaranteed 5 years it is always up to the CBSA agent.
2. You can ask for visitor record.
3. All she needs is proof of 1 year of supervisa insurance. She can always be asked for proof that she is truly a visitor and will return home after her visit period has ended.