+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

suing CIC

yasunomoko

Aug 16, 2010
Hi, Im just wondering is it possible to sue CIC??

I just graduate from University and applied post-graduation work permit on June 29th through on-line.

the web site says the processing time is 20 days. but I haven`t got it yet.

I asked to CIC and they said the time frame to process each application can differ and some applications may take longer to process than others and there

is no maximum time frame to finalize an application. and

The processing times for a Post-Graduation Work Permit application vary according to the method of submission you choose:

1.The Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Vegreville, Alberta, is currently processing paper applications (IMM 1249) received up to July 9, 2010.

2.The CPC is currently processing online applications received up to May 25, 2010.

this information was not on the web site.

If I knew about this I have sent the paper application at first place.

my problem is I am 37 weeks pregnant due date is September 7th and my health insurance will be expired on end of August.

If I can`t get the work permit then I can`t get the Manitoba health card.

Which means I have to pay full delivery fee. I don`t have enough money for this. I didn`t expect that my work pemit getting delayed.

I get stressed so much and now Im worried about my baby.

because I heard that stress during pregnancy can affect a child's health.

Also Im having Braxton Hicks contractions (uterus becomes hard) so many times a day because of the stress.

I feel pain, feel sick, and I can`t sleep in the night

I always think about this problem...

so If I can I want to sue CIC

Please help me and tell me what should I do

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yasunomoko said:
Hi, Im just wondering is it possible to sue CIC??

I just graduate from University and applied post-graduation work permit on June 29th through on-line.

the web site says the processing time is 20 days. but I haven`t got it yet.

I asked to CIC and they said the time frame to process each application can differ and some applications may take longer to process than others and there

is no maximum time frame to finalize an application. and

The processing times for a Post-Graduation Work Permit application vary according to the method of submission you choose:

1.The Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Vegreville, Alberta, is currently processing paper applications (IMM 1249) received up to July 9, 2010.

2.The CPC is currently processing online applications received up to May 25, 2010.

this information was not on the web site.

If I knew about this I have sent the paper application at first place.

my problem is I am 37 weeks pregnant due date is September 7th and my health insurance will be expired on end of August.

If I can`t get the work permit then I can`t get the Manitoba health card.

Which means I have to pay full delivery fee. I don`t have enough money for this. I didn`t expect that my work pemit getting delayed.

I get stressed so much and now Im worried about my baby.

because I heard that stress during pregnancy can affect a child's health.

Also Im having Braxton Hicks contractions (uterus becomes hard) so many times a day because of the stress.

I feel pain, feel sick, and I can`t sleep in the night

I always think about this problem...

so If I can I want to sue CIC

Please help me and tell me what should I do

Thank you
1. If you can't afford to pay for the delivery, you sure can't afford a lawyer to sue the Gov't
2. There is no guarantee on how long a service will take. All CIC does is post the average time it takes for most applications.

yasunomoko

Aug 16, 2010
The delivery fee will be more than $10,000 without any insurance.
If something happen (like c-section) the fee is going to increase. I can`t afford it... is the lawyer fee more than that ??
But if CIC put the fact that the paper application is faster on web site, I have sent the paper application not on-line.
They said my application is not even started yet...

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I doubt you would be able to sue and win.

CIC only post the average times that they anticipate an application to be completed. Many things can hold up an application that are out of CIC hands.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey moko,

if u really want a lawyer, you can try the free telephone consulation with the owner of this forum. Details, please click the link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-services.html

Good luck

capriraj

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe as long your application is with CIC, your health benefits will be fine and you will be covered for any health Checkups.

This is what happens in the UK.

Instead of arguing, I would suggest you to let your Doctor know the whole situation and inform that this process is causing too much stress on your health.

Let CIC know the whole situation and ask for their guidance, ask them that the whole process is causing too much stress on your health and putting your baby at risk.

Always communicate before taking any drastic action.

Canadians I presume are human and will undersstand your predicament.

All the Best, and don't let your baby suffer who still has to see this wonderful world. Bless You!!