+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

suggestion on LMO exempt IT worker program

tachyon007

Jun 1, 2009
Hello,

I am currently working in USA on a H1B visa for the last 4 years. I have found a canadian employer who wants to hire me for a project he is trying to come up with that needs my expertise. I have a masters degree in Mathematics from an Ivy league university in USA and another master's in Aerospace engineering and have been working in the financial sector for the last 3 years.

It is a relatively small firm and are unaware of intricacies for the temp work visa. Can I be exempt under the IT skilled worker program with out wasting time for a LMO approval??

This firm also has a overseas office in HongKong. Can he file for my temp work permit under the intra company transfer program showing that he wants me in canada for knowledge transfer and then by pass the LMO stage??

Kindly advise.

sunnypp1993

Jun 16, 2016
I want to apply for Masters in Mathematics in good universities

Hello,

My name is sunny parekh. I have already completed Integrated M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics from NIT, Surat,Gujarat in 2015. I want to apply for further studies and take PR in Canada. I have already completed 12+5 years for masters, so i am eligible to apply for P.hd. But, in canadian & american universities, if i want to apply for P.hd., it must required 12+6 years completed in academic.

That's why i must have to apply for masters in mathematics in canada. But, problem is that i have completed masters in india. So, Is they approved my visa if i have got admission call-letter from university for studying again masters in canada ?

or Is it better to apply for 2 years PG Diploma courses to get visa easily ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
tachyon007 said:
Hello,

I am currently working in USA on a H1B visa for the last 4 years. I have found a canadian employer who wants to hire me for a project he is trying to come up with that needs my expertise. I have a masters degree in Mathematics from an Ivy league university in USA and another master's in Aerospace engineering and have been working in the financial sector for the last 3 years.

It is a relatively small firm and are unaware of intricacies for the temp work visa. Can I be exempt under the IT skilled worker program with out wasting time for a LMO approval??

This firm also has a overseas office in HongKong. Can he file for my temp work permit under the intra company transfer program showing that he wants me in canada for knowledge transfer and then by pass the LMO stage??

Kindly advise.
You don't qualify for a ICT. Your employer needs to obtain an LMIA.