+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Successful Canada - USA Border crossing /Landing by road personal car

pins

Apr 25, 2014
Hi All,

I am reading this blog since June 2013 since I submit my files for canada.

Finally I landed on first week of July 2016. I read each and every thread carefully to avoid all confusion and stress. Thanks to all members of this blogs that my experience of both border (Peace Bridge,NY) was nice and wonderul.

We left from centeral part USA on day 1 through our personal car ( car still on finance with USA bank) and visited hershey's chocolate factory than stayed at corning, NY. Next day we visited Corning glass museum and reached at buffalo. we stayed there for three nights and visited niagra fall and local naval park.

Next day we left for canada in morning around 9.30. At the gate lady asked our purpose of entering canada, our status in USA, how long we would stay in canada, GTF list and rolling over all window glass, and looked our car from back. The officer gave us yellow slip mentioning our purpose and RIV for our car and instructed to park in specific spot and go in office.

At office very few people were there, so as we entered we got our number very quick. The officer took our COPR letter, passports, ask canadian address (gave my friend address), took my and my husband's sing on copr letter. She asked us usual questions like do we have ever been to canada before? do we persue any crime in any country at any point of time like, our status in USA, Proof of Fund etc. Lady officer performed all her duty for about half hour and congrats us for being PR of canada. We gave her photos of all four according to new size and she appreciated our efforts. She directed us to other queue where we showed out GTF & GTC List. ( I have prepared two sets of GTF list one in excel sheets and one in B4A forms, plus all jewellary photos, and mostly all jewellary original invocies) she returned GTC list as dont need that. She asked about our car and its registration no (VIN). she added that on B4 forms and totalled all amount. We took receipt from cash counter for the totalled amount. Thats all. All procedure completed there. Directly we went to SIN office and took SIN number for me, my husband and two sons. Than we went to service ontario to inquire about health card. we wested two hours but lastly come to know that we have to be here for three months and some residence proof apart from COPR and SIN card.

Than we took lunch and went to niagra park way to visit attraction. I must say Niagra fall looks ten times more beautiful and lovely from Canada than from USA. All immigrants must visit Niagra from Canada to have excellent view and offcourse snaps !!!!

we stayed in hotel at canada. We searched a lot for kids normal milk unlike in USA we wont able to get normal milk cans even in most grocery stores like walmart, basics etc... than we took store address from hotel and get two small pouches of milk for kids. Took Dinner and rested all night.

Next day we went to bank to open an account. We reached at bank's opening time and we offered one year free of cost bank account. This took one and half hour. we start driving for USA at 11.30 with lots of rush at border. At USA border officer asked for our passport and staus of visa in US. He looked very carefully our passport as in our case our visa is going to expire in two months only so he asked for the same. We showed him New employer I797 and quickly he checked our car dikky allowed us to go. Please note that our visa (I 797) was revoked by our former employer ( stamp was valid) so were tensed. We also prepared all documents if we have to go for stamping.

Thats all. All finished.

We drove and went to cousin place. Next day we visited venkatesh temple and enjoyed mouthwatering curd rice and turmarid rice and reached back in late evening.

So total six day road journey with first and last day bit hactic travelling and rest days little driving and rest.
But view of niagra falls from both side and snaps really made us energitic.

TIPS
1) Always keep open all windows at border.
2) listen very carefully due to traffic voice of officer is not clearly audible.
3) Please take new size photos and give to officer even he/she do not ask.

Thanks to all & best of luck

pins

Apr 25, 2014
Also one more thing i forget to add
i am on H1 while returning back i didn't apply for any stamping.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Pins for sharing. I did completed my landing 2 years back.

Now I am planning to move to Canada.

Do you have any tips for that as well please ?