+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting Revised Reference Letter for 2nd application

mirahe94

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hi all,

My application (AOR August 29) got cancelled as incomplete since the officer didn't deem my PCC acceptable. I received another ITA last week and I am going to apply soon with the right PCC. I was wondering if submitting a revised reference letter for one of my work experiences is going to be a problem? The previous letter is borderline and the duties can match the NOC description up to 60% but I am worried that it may not. The content of the new letter is mostly the same except I added 2 more bullet points to match with the NOC description better. The letter also states my salary bumps since the previous one only stated my latest salary. Should I submit my application with the old letter and hope for the best or use the new letter?

Thanks,

mirahe

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hi all,

My application (AOR August 29) got cancelled as incomplete since the officer didn't deem my PCC acceptable. I received another ITA last week and I am going to apply soon with the right PCC. I was wondering if submitting a revised reference letter for one of my work experiences is going to be a problem? The previous letter is borderline and the duties can match the NOC description up to 60% but I am worried that it may not. The content of the new letter is mostly the same except I added 2 more bullet points to match with the NOC description better. The letter also states my salary bumps since the previous one only stated my latest salary. Should I submit my application with the old letter and hope for the best or use the new letter?

Thanks,

mirahe
no issues with going with a new reference letter. Go ahead and good luck!!

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Did you also have to do the same thing? I am worried that they will look at the letter from the previous application

I also saw this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/case-specific-enquiry-asivad-and-others-please-helpp.353723/
no, I didn’t. The Op in thread above asks about submitting a new work experience after submission while application was in progress. But in your case your application was cancelled. So, it’s safe to send them a new letter.

I don’t think cic will compare your old application with the new one. cic cancels application due to lack of documentation and this happens quite often. If they start comparing canceled and new application then each application will take more time than required.