+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting placeholder test scores and dates for Express Entry selection

jadecheee

Aug 17, 2020
I am getting ready to apply to Express Entry as a Federal Skilled Worker. I score high enough that based on previous minimum scores (even the recent ones of 475+) I'm pretty sure I will be selected right away.

Unfortunately, because of COVID, I won't be able to take the language tests until late October as most test centers are closed in the US. I'm 100% bilingual and am certain I will score at the highest levels on both the English and French tests when I do take them.

When applying to Express Entry, a date has to be given for the day you took the language test. I'm unable to select a future date for obvious reasons.

Can I already apply to Express Entry now and select placeholder date&scores for the language tests, and then either update my profile later on (if not already selected) or simply submit the proper test scores once selected? Would it be a problem if the test scores and dates of the tests used to be selected are different than what I submit as proof (assuming both are the highest score)?
Otherwise, I will be delaying the process by 2 months, and my situation is fairly time-sensitive due to a pending job offer.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
I would not recommend it. You need to share your Test report number and you won't have one until you give the exam. Steer clear of any misrepresentation.

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Generally not a good idea to enter any 'false' information and this could even be considered maybe as misrepresentation. Either have completed the required tests or not at the time of application.