+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting application with 1 month left in my ECA report

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hey everyone,

I am about to submit my application in a few days and I've come across a dilemma with my ECA from WES. The report was issued in March 2019 and is valid for 5 years. In other words, it will expire about a month after my submission.

I've done some digging through some old posts here and found that many suggest that as long as all the documents are valid at the time of submission, the validity gets "locked in". However, I couldn't find any official statement supporting this on the IRCC's website. Can anyone help me locate such a statement?

The only relevant statement I could find on the IRCC's website is this:
Now, I am not sure whether I should just submit my application with the current ECA or order a duplicate copy / renew my ECA report. It seems like I will have to pay $33 to have WES to send it to IRCC so they will know the new validity. Also, if I don't include myself as the recipient (not receiving the hard copy), can I still have access to the updated electronic copy online?

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hey everyone,

I am about to submit my application in a few days and I've come across a dilemma with my ECA from WES. The report was issued in March 2019 and is valid for 5 years. In other words, it will expire about a month after my submission.

I've done some digging through some old posts here and found that many suggest that as long as all the documents are valid at the time of submission, the validity gets "locked in". However, I couldn't find any official statement supporting this on the IRCC's website. Can anyone help me locate such a statement?

The only relevant statement I could find on the IRCC's website is this:

Now, I am not sure whether I should just submit my application with the current ECA or order a duplicate copy / renew my ECA report. It seems like I will have to pay $33 to have WES to send it to IRCC so they will know the new validity. Also, if I don't include myself as the recipient (not receiving the hard copy), can I still have access to the updated electronic copy online?

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks
I don't think it's a harm to spend $33 rather than be in doubt all the time.