+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting Academic IELTS Results - what would be the consequences?

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
Hi,
I was mislead by an immigration consultant who told me that both the academic and general IELTS can work for the canadian immigration. However, i just realized today that the academic one can not be accepted.

I want to make sure that my application reaches the immigration office on July 1, 2012 to reserve myself a place in the queue this year. If i wait till i take the general test which will be at least a month from now, there is no way i will be able to get my application considered this year.

What do you think will happen if i submit the academic? Would they accept the application and ask me to submit original or they will reject the application from the beginning? Has anyone done that before? Do i need to include a justification letter saying that i will be doing the general and submit the results at a later stage? Please advise.

Thank you

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe2010 said:
Hi,
I was mislead by an immigration consultant who told me that both the academic and general IELTS can work for the canadian immigration. However, i just realized today that the academic one can not be accepted.

I want to make sure that my application reaches the immigration office on July 1, 2012 to reserve myself a place in the queue this year. If i wait till i take the general test which will be at least a month from now, there is no way i will be able to get my application considered this year.

What do you think will happen if i submit the academic? Would they accept the application and ask me to submit original or they will reject the application from the beginning? Has anyone done that before? Do i need to include a justification letter saying that i will be doing the general and submit the results at a later stage? Please advise.

Thank you

hi

I think its pretty obvious - it will be rejected outright. Resit for the GT test and hopefully there are still places left for your application for this year. Otherwise, u might just be wasting ur money, time and effort....

the document checklist re: Item 9- Proof of Language Proficiency is very specific.....

Original language proficiency test results:
* IELTS (General Training test ONLY)

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
I was kind of hoping that they would request me to send the general training Ielts results and put me in queue for processing. I am ok with sending the GT results which i can get within maximum 2 months. my only concern is just getting on queue this year, thats all!

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe2010 said:
I was kind of hoping that they would request me to send the general training Ielts results and put me in queue for processing. I am ok with sending the GT results which i can get within maximum 2 months. my only concern is just getting on queue this year, thats all!
if i were u i'd rather play it safe and ensure i am submitting the right docs that way i am confident rather than sending it now and always on the edge thinking whether the academic ielts is acceptable or not.