+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitted husband's police reference check documents. Now what?!

Gemini13

Apr 24, 2009
I'm sponsoring my husband (in-land) and the process has been going for a year (AGONY!!!).
Last thing they asked for was his police reference check and we got it from back home.

A few weeks ago they've notified us by online that they've received it (yey!) and that "A decision has been made and you will be contacted".
Any idea what that's supposed to mean?

I may also add that his medical's been done, he's been offered a temporary health card and a work permit.

So now what? Are we getting any close or there's more waiting? :(

And do they always ask for interviews or it's a random thing?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
it looks like you are going to receive good news in the nearest future, Gemini13!
if they decide to conduct an interview they will let you know about it in the written form together with decision about your case.
congratulations!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They only ask for interviews if the evidence you sent them was unsatisfactory to them. This sounds like good news! :)

I had a temporary health card and SIN number under a work permit as well; remember to go to the offices and get permanent ones ASAP after landing.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Note that with inland applications there's two "interviews". One is to help CIC decide if you should become a PR or not (usually requested when they have doubts over whether or not your relationship is genuine) and is usually not called - it's only needed when there are issues with the case or the applicant didn't submit enough evidence. This is the one that makes people nervous.

The other "interview" is called a landing interview. Every applicant has to go to a landing interview - it's more of a formality than anything else and at the end of it, the applicant becomes a PR. Normally the only things they ask is if all the information on the COPR is ok, where you want your PR card sent, if anything's changed since applying (same marital status? no commited crimes? any children you forgot to mention in the app?) and that's it. You definitely WANT to go to that interview ;)