+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitted Digital Photo that was taken a year ago for eAPR, What should I do now?

FallenSatan

Apr 2, 2020
After ITA, the requirements were following:

Digital photo (required)

Temporary residents (students, workers, visitors), Express Entry and Canadian citizenship certificate

• The photo must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photo.
  • Size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
  • Image size: at least 420 x 540 pixels.
  • We accept JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
  • File size: approximately 240 kB, no more than 4 MB.
  • Image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, the common output for most digital cameras.

Temporary residents and Express Entry
  • The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
  • If you scan an existing photo, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

Canadian citizenship certificate
  • Final frame size of the photo must be 50mm x 70mm.
  • Upload a colour digital photo taken by a commercial photographer (We don't accept black and white photos).
  • Scanned photos are not accepted.
  • Photo must be taken within the last 6 months.
  • Don't use a smart phone to take the photo.
  • Don't change the digital photos in any way.
  • You must also upload the photographer's information (name, address and date the photo was taken) to the "Client Information" item, under Optional Documents. We accept the photographer's receipt or a text file.

Since I was applying for EE, I submitted the same picture I did for my work permit. But later I came across this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html

It states:
  • Reflect your current appearance (taken within the last six months)

So I'm confused what to do now. Should I raise a web form?

luv908

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
It should be fine do not worry. They’ll ask for a new photo aa ADR if they need one, but as far as i’ve seen the photo that you need to send after PPR alongside your passports need to be current and according to the guidelines.

FallenSatan

Apr 2, 2020
It should be fine do not worry. They’ll ask for a new photo aa ADR if they need one, but as far as i’ve seen the photo that you need to send after PPR alongside your passports need to be current and according to the guidelines.

Thank you. That's a relief.

How'd they know if the pictures are older than six months by the way? I didn't provide any more information about the picture.

farhanzamo

Apr 13, 2023
Thank you. That's a relief.

How'd they know if the pictures are older than six months by the way? I didn't provide any more information about the picture.
Did it worked for you?
I am thinking of submitting the same photo as of my WP. This is post-iTA and not for PR card.