+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa requirements- IELTS GT, Transcripts.

rohanmdas

Jul 6, 2023
Hi, my IELTS General Training score will expire by 22 Sept 2023, if I apply within a month could I use the IELTS GT score for the application? And is IELTS Academic preferred more than IELTS GT for Student Visa?
- This is a 1-year PGD Business Analytics course, at Sheridan College. Regarding the study loan, if the bank agrees to pay for the tuition fee directly(Semester wise) to the college, will this be better for approval? Or will I have to pay the 1- year college fee by myself?
- Is it a requirement to provide the latest college transcripts? I have transcripts with me which were sealed by the university on 25/10/2018.
Will this weigh equal to the latest transcripts? Or do I need to produce the latest one for a better approval rate?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi, my IELTS General Training score will expire by 22 Sept 2023, if I apply within a month could I use the IELTS GT score for the application? And is IELTS Academic preferred more than IELTS GT for Student Visa?https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/direct-stream.html IELTS requirements are here.
- This is a 1-year PGD Business Analytics course, at Sheridan College. Regarding the study loan, if the bank agrees to pay for the tuition fee directly(Semester wise) to the college, will this be better for approval? Or will I have to pay the 1- year college fee by myself? Bank would pay you and you will pay the univ - usually
- Is it a requirement to provide the latest college transcripts? I have transcripts with me which were sealed by the university on 25/10/2018. Latest is advisable
Will this weigh equal to the latest transcripts? Or do I need to produce the latest one for a better approval rate?A transcript does not increase your approval chances.

Work on why you want to study in Canada, why will you return to home country, financial background

Good Luck

rohanmdas

Jul 6, 2023
Hi, my IELTS General Training score will expire by 22 Sept 2023, if I apply within a month could I use the IELTS GT score for the application? And is IELTS Academic preferred more than IELTS GT for Student Visa?
- This is a 1-year PGD Business Analytics course, at Sheridan College. Regarding the study loan, if the bank agrees to pay for the tuition fee directly(Semester wise) to the college, will this be better for approval? Or will I have to pay the 1- year college fee by myself?
- Is it a requirement to provide the latest college transcripts? I have transcripts with me which were sealed by the university on 25/10/2018.
Will this weigh equal to the latest transcripts? Or do I need to produce the latest one for a better approval rate?

rohanmdas

Jul 6, 2023
Thanks for the response.

What I require clarity is on the validity of IELTS score. It expires in 3months. If i am to make visa application in a 2 weeks. Can I use this score itself?

And regarding fee payment. Can I make part payments and show the bank receipts as a proof of 1 year college fee payment completed.?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thanks for the response.

What I require clarity is on the validity of IELTS score. It expires in 3months. If i am to make visa application in a 2 weeks. Can I use this score itself?
IELTS is valid for 2 years and if yours is expiring in 3 months, there is a high chance that your application may remain in progress and you have to retake IELTS or officer may send you a request. If I were you, I will redo it before applying
And regarding fee payment. Can I make part payments and show the bank receipts as a proof of 1 year college fee payment completed.? What do you mean What do you mean by Part payment? SDS needs you to pay 1 year Fee & GIC

rohanmdas

Jul 6, 2023
Understood.

By part payments 1 mean that the semester 1 and 2 fee payments are made separately. And the full payment fee proof is shown as the bank transfer statements. Would this work?

rohanmdas

Jul 6, 2023
Thank you for the information. Just one last question, I completed the Duolingo English language test and my score is 140/160 which is equivalent to IELTS 7.5.

May I know if I could use DET scores for the application? Or at least could I back up my IELTS score with this in case a new score is requested by the officer?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the information. Just one last question, I completed the Duolingo English language test and my score is 140/160 which is equivalent to IELTS 7.5.

May I know if I could use DET scores for the application? Or at least could I back up my IELTS score with this in case a new score is requested by the officer?
Duolingo is not accepted by IRCC.