+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa rejection due to FSW (PR) Application

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need your suggestions..

I am planning to go to Canada in 2015 for PG studies. And, I am also eligible under a FSW job category where chances of acceptance still remains feasible.

The concern: If I apply under FSW 2014 PR option, what are the chances of 2015 student visa rejection due to FSW 2014 application being under process...

Possible suggestions to overcome the dual intent scenario at the time of study visa interview.

jashim

Star Member
May 1, 2014
kadian said:
Need your suggestions..

what are the chances of 2015 student visa rejection due to FSW 2014 application being under process...
:eek: :eek: :eek: ??? ??? ??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Brother be positive. If I were you then I might ask what are the chances of Visa approval. Ok here are some links for you where you may get your answer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/intent.asp

“An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.”

VO may think in this way whether you are a genuine student or taking your study permit as a route of entering into Canada. So it's depends on your intention as well as luck. I am not an expert just giving my opinion. Senior may help you in this regard.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
I am the same concern and I wait to get study permit first, then apply FSW later because I afraid that FSW will be affected my study permit

Tks, Thang

kadian said:
Need your suggestions..

I am planning to go to Canada in 2015 for PG studies. And, I am also eligible under a FSW job category where chances of acceptance still remains feasible.

The concern: If I apply under FSW 2014 PR option, what are the chances of 2015 student visa rejection due to FSW 2014 application being under process...

Possible suggestions to overcome the dual intent scenario at the time of study visa interview.

jashim

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Sonata95 said:
I am the same concern and I wait to get study permit first, then apply FSW later because I afraid that FSW will be affected my study permit

Tks, Thang
It's depend .....However your mentioned way is a safe journey & you may have other options as well at later period to become Canadian PR.

Acanadian

Aug 14, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has any info on this topic? Sort of what you may be wondering on dual intent?

Husband was denied renewal on visiting visa into Canada, which is ok. We are applying for permanent residency (sponsorship) in the family category. Since this process is approx. about 30 months from outside Canada via Jamaican Citizenship (my husband). Does anyone know if we are able to apply for a study permit in the time being while the permanent visa is being processed?

Can you do both study permit and permanent recidency? Would this mean we apply inbound Canada while he studies? I am so unsure what to do. I don't think its very gratifying for him to stay in Jamaica and work while waiting on his visa, when he could be gaining an education here in Canada to get him on his feet faster Shocked Cheesy

If anyone can help me out with this that would be fantastic!

I am sort of catching on to the dual intent you speak of, and being married does not really help anything at this point for him to study here does it :'(

Cheers~!

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jashim thank you very much for sharing the links. They described it very well.
I want to appreciate you with +1 rating. Unfortunately, I do not know how to do that. Do let me know that as well.

As with regard to lady Acanadian, I would suggest you to read the below link. It will bring more clarity as it has dual intent spouse related scenario.
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob131.asp

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would be also be really helpful, If one can share their experience of dual intent visa interview. The point of concern remains as to:

1. What is the definition of showing adequate funds. Does that has to be more (in-addition to tuition & accommodation) incase of a dual-intent applicant (more than that of a general visa applicant).

2. How to satisfy the visa officer that the individual will leave Canada at the end of their period of authorized stay. (what are the major points to address; apart from home country property, past employment, family at home country etc.)

3. Incase of student visa, would it be appropriate to mention that I would exercise the post study work visa. Or would it give a negative impression about my prolonged period intention of stay in canada, including 2 yrs study & thereafter 3 yrs work visa.
And most importantly, should I admit that I may try the option of PR again post one year of canadian work experience.

Looking forward to your suggestion guys (seniors, if possible).